XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The 4.4.2 update - discussion thread

Tip us?

dyandell
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by utbigrod View Post
Sorry, missed the difference from chainfire and QbKing. I will search and find that website.

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Hey, it's the same file. Both QbKing and Chainfire link to same page. So actually I did it right by the same method. So do you have any other thoughts that aren't condescending?
Are you sure you are following the directions properly? I tend to odin back to stock, reroot and flash new roms about once a week. I feel like I get a cleaner flash if I come from stock instead of another rom. (I know it is dumb and a waste of time but its my way.) I always go to Chainfire's site and get the newest autoroot, then Philz touch to for his newest custom recovery. (I did hear there was some problems with one last week or so but not sure which, again, read his thread. Philz is awesome.) I also always use 3.07 on my PC to Odin both of these because I have not slowed down enough to get a copy of 3.09 without having to go through the website that seems a little sketchy to me. I then setup 3.07 on my laptop and with cf-autoroot so it can check whatever it checks. I turn my phone completely off. Let it settle shut down. Then I boot into download mode. Once in download mode, I plug in my USB cable. Once the "com" lights up I hit start. I have heard of people having problems here but so far, knock on wood, I have not. Once that finishes and everything settles on the autoroot after booting up, I will do the same with the custom recovery, i.e., setup up the pc, turn off the phone, boot into download mode, plug in cable, hit start. Shazaam!

If I just could not get it to work, I would go to cm.com and let them root the phone on their website and then flash a custom recovery and come back here to flash a rom.

Daniel is sometimes short but it is because it is frustrating to answer the same question over and over when the answer is very often two pages back, on the first page of the OP or can be found within seconds using google. Since I cannot speak for Daniel, in my personal experience, there is no reason for you to have these problems unless you are not following directions. Of course, everyone's phone does a little different so maybe you just got one that doesn't like CF, no matter how weird that would be. Good luck!

utbigrod
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyandell View Post
Are you sure you are following the directions properly? I tend to odin back to stock, reroot and flash new roms about once a week. I feel like I get a cleaner flash if I come from stock instead of another rom. (I know it is dumb and a waste of time but its my way.) I always go to Chainfire's site and get the newest autoroot, then Philz touch to for his newest custom recovery. (I did hear there was some problems with one last week or so but not sure which, again, read his thread. Philz is awesome.) I also always use 3.07 on my PC to Odin both of these because I have not slowed down enough to get a copy of 3.09 without having to go through the website that seems a little sketchy to me. I then setup 3.07 on my laptop and with cf-autoroot so it can check whatever it checks. I turn my phone completely off. Let it settle shut down. Then I boot into download mode. Once in download mode, I plug in my USB cable. Once the "com" lights up I hit start. I have heard of people having problems here but so far, knock on wood, I have not. Once that finishes and everything settles on the autoroot after booting up, I will do the same with the custom recovery, i.e., setup up the pc, turn off the phone, boot into download mode, plug in cable, hit start. Shazaam!

If I just could not get it to work, I would go to cm.com and let them root the phone on their website and then flash a custom recovery and come back here to flash a rom.

Daniel is sometimes short but it is because it is frustrating to answer the same question over and over when the answer is very often two pages back, on the first page of the OP or can be found within seconds using google. Since I cannot speak for Daniel, in my personal experience, there is no reason for you to have these problems unless you are not following directions. Of course, everyone's phone does a little different so maybe you just got one that doesn't like CF, no matter how weird that would be. Good luck!
Thank you for the in depth response! I understand people not doing research and irritating others. I spent about 30 minutes on here exploring before posting and that was after my many attempts at doing it via the videos and original root link. I was posting because what others have said isn't resolving my issue.

After doing more research I found the issue was with the Super SU install. I downloaded it from google Play and ran it and now all is fine. For others out there having the same issue, trying downloading Chainfire's Super SU app from Play store on this may fix it for you.

thanks!
Brad

Cooljb
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default New version for 720T

There's a new version posted on opensource.samsung.com for the SPH-L720T:

http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...alue=sph-l720t

Version is NC6. Guess we'll start seeing it pushed out pretty soon...
The Following User Says Thank You to Cooljb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]