Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 42,180 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

File transfer between Mac and HTC One?

Tip us?

TarekElsakka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Default File transfer between Mac and HTC One?

Hello there

My HTC One is running InsertCoin 6thSense ROM and I am unable to transfer files between my MacBook and my One. I used to use an application called Android File Transfer and despite being buggy it actually did its job, however it stopped working after the Android KitKat update. Does anyone know any alternative applications that actually work?

Thank you.
HTC One M7

NxNW
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
Hello there

My HTC One is running InsertCoin 6thSense ROM and I am unable to transfer files between my MacBook and my One. I used to use an application called Android File Transfer and despite being buggy it actually did its job, however it stopped working after the Android KitKat update. Does anyone know any alternative applications that actually work?

Thank you.
http://trjlive.com/2013/10/guide-and...osx-mavericks/

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Why not just use HTC Sync Manager? It works just like iTunes, but lets you drag files and all that in just like in android file transfer.

TarekElsakka
Old
(Last edited by TarekElsakka; 6th April 2014 at 04:55 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
I failed to mention it but I actually followed the steps in that article and it still did not work. Did it work for you?

@aooga I am going to give HTC Sync Manager a try.

EDIT: @NxNW I forgot to reboot both the device and the Mac after following the steps but when I did it actually worked! How stupid of me. Thank you.
HTC One M7

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
I failed to mention it but I actually followed the steps in that article and it still did not work. Did it work for you?

@aooga I am going to give HTC Sync Manager a try.

EDIT: @NxNW I forgot to reboot both the device and the Mac after following the steps but when I did it actually worked! How stupid of me. Thank you.
Yeah Sync manager works really well, but you need to be running a Sense based rom. It flat out doesn't work on a GPE or CM rom. The interface is pretty nice too.

EDIT: Never mind. I see you're running insert coin. That works fine with sync manager.

TarekElsakka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Yeah I just tried HTC Sync Manager on the Mac and it's actually quite brilliant. They really improved it than when I first bought the HTC One, it was just awful and useless. I guess I could switch back and forth between it and Android File Transfer since it works now.
HTC One M7

NxNW
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Yeah Sync manager works really well, but you need to be running a Sense based rom. It flat out doesn't work on a GPE or CM rom.
Actually, the Android File transfer Mac app works fine with CM/AOSP in the first place. The issue only occurs with Sense 5.5 and greater.

Just clarifying..

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW View Post
Actually, the Android File transfer Mac app works fine with CM/AOSP in the first place. The issue only occurs with Sense 5.5 and greater.

Just clarifying..

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
It technically works, yes, but it's really buggy and makes the whole computer freeze pretty often. At least in my experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]