XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Play R800i No Service

Tip us?

KActat1992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Xperia Play R800i No Service

Hello, i have an xperia play which is R800i, it's bootloader unlocked, and should be network unlocked, if i go in that option with brackets like [] Network etc they are all with empty brackets and 0, according to some pages its fully unlocked, but still, i cannot get it to work, i've made several baseband changes, roms, etc,

what could be the problem of the phone? i bought it from someone that i usually buy stuff off, so i "shuld" be sure its not imei locked, but then, even if it was imei locked, would i be able to set a PINfor the SIM card? is there a way to check if there's a SIM card inserted in the phone from android? because i feel like it doesn't read my sim at all.

Please suggestions are welcome i tried everything, thank you

KActat1992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i can pay for a solution if its 100% working

kks111
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KActat1992 View Post
Hello, i have an xperia play which is R800i, it's bootloader unlocked, and should be network unlocked, if i go in that option with brackets like [] Network etc they are all with empty brackets and 0, according to some pages its fully unlocked, but still, i cannot get it to work, i've made several baseband changes, roms, etc,

what could be the problem of the phone? i bought it from someone that i usually buy stuff off, so i "shuld" be sure its not imei locked, but then, even if it was imei locked, would i be able to set a PINfor the SIM card? is there a way to check if there's a SIM card inserted in the phone from android? because i feel like it doesn't read my sim at all.

Please suggestions are welcome i tried everything, thank you
i can try to fix it ..... contact me on gtalk muskanjainxx@gmail.com

KActat1992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kks111 View Post
i can try to fix it ..... contact me on gtalk muskanjainxx@gmail.com

He couldn't fix it because he said its after some week date etc, but really is there nothing to try?

Also what may be the reason after i flash a kernel it stays black screen? could kernel help resolve sim issues?

inaroom
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hi,replying cause i have same problem..i unlocked the bootloader with sony offcial method the second i had it in my hands and flashed a custom rom(everything working fine before the flashing..)..oddly i could use data(browser youtube facebook ecc working) but no calls or text..so i relocked bootloader and flashed with seus but nothing to do,same problem data working but no calls or text..then i unlocked again tried some roms,then decided to relock and give a try again with seus..now it won't recognise the sim at all,and NO FASTBOOT,it was working fine before the 2nd flash with seus,and i know for sure it's not an hardware issue...flashed many simlock.ta(changing the name to preset.ta) with flashtools..bot nothing.now i can only flash stock tft,since fastboot is no longer working(so i can't unlock the bootloader for the 3rd time), everytime after first boot it ask to insert sim and reboot, even if it ask for pin if i set it..so it IS reading the sim...the radio is bricked,been searching for 2 weeks now, and no solution found. i contacted alejandrissimo, he said he coul fix broken trim area for 20$, but it isn't answering to my messages anymore..sorry bro it looks like our play it's gone forever as a phone, so far..

xkiasfansuryx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
plese help.....
my xplay not working edge network but 3g working good....
many much frmwre i try...but not sucses....
im using xperia play r800i gb 2.3.4

Dr-green12
Old
(Last edited by Dr-green12; 4th April 2014 at 09:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue in xperia play R800i too, network 2g not working anymore I tried several sim cards, not worked , my bootloader unlocked as my battery is drain in 5 hours too even I tried everything rooms kernels basebands , apps closing google play service all solutions in the net,with no hope :s , hardware problem ? it' snot because i heard someone found some new formation that it's an problem in baseband and it's happened to his Sk18i and Sony fixed it by ICS update , it's has the same problem no 2g and battery drain in 12 hours and after he updated the battery fixed it's goes for 48 ours with normal use and the 2g worked , and the problem is there is no official Ics update in our device

any one can help ?? or find solution ,, I'm sure that there are many many people who are suffering with this horrible problem

SubjectSigma
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkiasfansuryx View Post
plese help.....
my xplay not working edge network but 3g working good....
many much frmwre i try...but not sucses....
im using xperia play r800i gb 2.3.4
Check your APNs, from my experience they get reset if you flash a generic FTF

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaroom View Post
hi,replying cause i have same problem..i unlocked the bootloader with sony offcial method the second i had it in my hands and flashed a custom rom(everything working fine before the flashing..)..oddly i could use data(browser youtube facebook ecc working) but no calls or text..so i relocked bootloader and flashed with seus but nothing to do,same problem data working but no calls or text..then i unlocked again tried some roms,then decided to relock and give a try again with seus..now it won't recognise the sim at all,and NO FASTBOOT,it was working fine before the 2nd flash with seus,and i know for sure it's not an hardware issue...flashed many simlock.ta(changing the name to preset.ta) with flashtools..bot nothing.now i can only flash stock tft,since fastboot is no longer working(so i can't unlock the bootloader for the 3rd time), everytime after first boot it ask to insert sim and reboot, even if it ask for pin if i set it..so it IS reading the sim...the radio is bricked,been searching for 2 weeks now, and no solution found. i contacted alejandrissimo, he said he coul fix broken trim area for 20$, but it isn't answering to my messages anymore..sorry bro it looks like our play it's gone forever as a phone, so far..
I'm 100% sure having a locked boot loader makes accessing fast boot impossible? If you can still flash FTF find one for an ICS Rom and see if that fixes it
Currently Used - HTC One (ViperROM)

Retired Phones -
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Broken screen)
Xperia Play (Unlocked)
HTC EVO 4G
Samsung Captivate

inaroom
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjectSigma View Post
Check your APNs, from my experience they get reset if you flash a generic FTF

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I'm 100% sure having a locked boot loader makes accessing fast boot impossible? If you can still flash FTF find one for an ICS Rom and see if that fixes it
thanks for replying, i reflashed with wotan and now i have unlocked bootloader, and can flash but the problem on 3g stiil exist. i'm on superjellybean8, and sometimes it will lose the signal on 3g(but data fully working) i get emergency call only,i can browse and other data task like facebook etc, but no call or text, so i turn airplane mode on off until it gets the signal(wich sometimes is very very painful and slow..). i usually get no problem on 2g..so may i start thinking it could be hardware problem on the 3g antenna or something? i've been using it for a couple month now,if i could get rid of the 3g problem it would be great..it makes me miss some important calls you know..

SubjectSigma
Old
(Last edited by SubjectSigma; 7th April 2014 at 06:54 AM.) Reason: Random thought
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaroom View Post
thanks for replying, i reflashed with wotan and now i have unlocked bootloader, and can flash but the problem on 3g stiil exist. i'm on superjellybean8, and sometimes it will lose the signal on 3g(but data fully working) i get emergency call only,i can browse and other data task like facebook etc, but no call or text, so i turn airplane mode on off until it gets the signal(wich sometimes is very very painful and slow..). i usually get no problem on 2g..so may i start thinking it could be hardware problem on the 3g antenna or something? i've been using it for a couple month now,if i could get rid of the 3g problem it would be great..it makes me miss some important calls you know..
I'm pretty sure the GSM attenna is on the top left on the opposite of side of the power button, have you dropped it recently?

Just occurred to me now, call your service provider and see if the 3G tower in your area is undergoing maintenance
Currently Used - HTC One (ViperROM)

Retired Phones -
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Broken screen)
Xperia Play (Unlocked)
HTC EVO 4G
Samsung Captivate