5,594,077 Members 46,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [XOOM2/XYBoard]: How to update Xyboard wifi (MZ615) to Jelly Beam (4.1.2)

Tip us?

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3005
some clarifications please...................noobish i know but wanna be clear

- do i put the contents of the extracted mz615 folder into the fastboot folder or do i just put the actual folder into it? i am not sure if to copy and past all the stuff in there or drag and drop folder in fastboot folder! thanks again
GOOGLE NEXUS 5(BLACK)
SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 - I9505
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3005
followed the guide to the letter.....................
extracted fastboot folder with rom img files and copied contents from mz615 extracted folder to fastboot folder................this replaces the verizon device id of 617 to 615 of uk
- all others processes went well and this thing is like a new toy it really is i must admit

shame we couldnt OTA to 4.2.2
GOOGLE NEXUS 5(BLACK)
SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 - I9505
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

GoldFalchion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default A Curious Fellow MZ616 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnb88 View Post
Hey all, forgive my noobiness here, but I'm pretty lost, and I fear that I'm worryingly close to bricking my tablet.

Basically, I followed the instructions, up to placing the fake CID file on my xoom2. This is where it all fell apart. I cannot perform ANY actions via adb, and am stuck with the moto logo and warning about invalid CID. I can get into the boot loader , where I still have "DEVICE IS LOCKED", and again. Cannot do anything with adb. My laptop will occasionally decide to say my tablet is connected, but most of the time it won't at all. Weirdly, my tablet has, two or three times, booted totally normally. As in, regular boot to home screen - yet upon enabling debug mode and telling it to reboot to bootloader (via adb, which works when booted normally) I end up repeating the cycle.

My tablet is currently charging, as all these attempts have drained the battery, but has anyone got any ideas for when its charged again?

EDIT: Ok, I think I derped up big time. Currently going for another try.

EDIT 2: Yup, I',m a moron. Follow OP's instructions, and you get 4.1.2 on your MZ616 (Which becomes an MZ617 in the process)
Dear ajnb88,

May I know what problem did you encounter and how did you solve it? I'm almost about to start on doing the update but still very fuzzy on the details. Some certainty from you would really help a lot in my decision. Thanks~~ ^^

agentissmith
Old
(Last edited by agentissmith; 31st March 2014 at 02:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Can someone upload an original MZ616 CID.img, preferably Brazil version, so I can try to restore my tablet back to ICS? I lost my file =/

Thank you in advance.

SorenStirner
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtvdeo View Post
MZ607 and MZ608 owners: you can have jelly bean too!
Find an ICS fastboot (there is no JB one yet), install it as if you were installing from the guide on page one. It might not work in normal mode, so go to BP tools and from then set it up and download the ota update. Then it will install it and work.

This is everything I did to my MZ607. It worked for me, and I'm no developer so please don't blame me for damage:

0. Mistakenly flashed honeycomb from verizon using the method on page one (CID + fastboot)
----HERE comes what matters, the actual GUIDE---
1. Found on a russian forum an ICS verizon fastboot so flash it like the guide on page one and do the CID thing before: http://translate.google.com/translat...298%26st%3D560
TIP: moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img might be needed if you mistakenly flashed a honeycomb firmware
like me. But do it anyway if you have the ICS fastboot.
TIP 2: device_tree.bin comes with the fastboot you will download. The one from the OP doesn't work with this device. So use the one in the russian link fastboot.
3. Set up account on BP tools because normal mode didn't work for me.
4. From there downloaded OTA and it installed by itself.

I'm on JB now!
Hello, all links are brocken (even in the first post). Can you please upload or relink all files needed?
I've got a MZ608 and I'd like to try JB even if I lose 3G functions.
Tags
mz615, xoom2, xyboard