Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 49,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Install roms on verizon version

Tip us?
 
mickskillz
Old
#1  
mickskillz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 241
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Eatontown
Default Install roms on verizon version

Now that we have s-off, can we use the roms now or do we have to wait for the verizon ports. I am not sure if our kernel is different then the other carriers.
 
sgtmedeiros
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 622
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Barrington, RI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickskillz View Post
Now that we have s-off, can we use the roms now or do we have to wait for the verizon ports. I am not sure if our kernel is different then the other carriers.
would love to know this as well.
I really want to install an international rom to get lte working
 
David 617
Old
#3  
David 617's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 236
Posts: 550
Join Date: May 2011
you must wait for a Verizon version of any custom rom. other carrier/ international roms will not work.
 
sgtmedeiros
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 622
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Barrington, RI
Quote:
Originally Posted by David 617 View Post
you must wait for a Verizon version of any custom rom. other carrier/ international roms will not work.
according to the cid thread that is not true
 
David 617
Old
#5  
David 617's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 236
Posts: 550
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmedeiros View Post
according to the cid thread that is not true
yah, i'm just seeing that.. not really sure how that works if the kernels are different...
 
andybones
Old
#6  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,980
Posts: 9,328
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Please do NOT flash ANY ROM not specifically in this Verizon thread unless the ROM states that it is working on Verizon..

Even though they are the same phone, the partitions are different.
What this means is you could end up with some serious problems.
For example, you could be flashing the boot.img to the system partition.. not good
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
d1ez3
Old
#7  
d1ez3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 906
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
Please do NOT flash ANY ROM not specifically in this Verizon thread unless the ROM states that it is working on Verizon..

Even though they are the same phone, the partitions are different.
What this means is you could end up with some serious problems.
For example, you could be flashing the boot.img to the system partition.. not good
Good point. Would you think the work involved in porting other devices ROMs over to the VZW version would be minimal at least?
 
Evocm7
Old
#8  
Evocm7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 348
Posts: 1,386
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bakersfield
I wouldn't imagine it's too difficult but why risk it when we'll probably have something legit to flash by mid week?

Sent from my S-Off HTC One M8

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more