Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more
Post Reply

z2 Battery Test,playing 1080p video more than 14hours+

OP -nlf-

7th April 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
1080p video (hw decoder)
40% brightness
x-reality checked

Click image for larger version

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	2672819

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	2672820

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	2672821

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	2672822

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	2672824

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2672825

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	2672826

Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	2672827

Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	2672828

Last edited by -nlf-; 7th April 2014 at 08:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to -nlf- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
wow

that's amazing !

can you give the source ?
7th April 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #3  
solwretep's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
unbelievable
Thats unbelievable. I cant believe it. I would be happy with 6hours...... but 14!?!?

I wont believe this until I get more proof

nevertheless, thank you
7th April 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #4  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,364
 
6,571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Yeahh...

Screen brightness on 5%
I can do that with my Z1...
If I can get 6-7 hours on 69-70% screen brightness then I really believe I could reproduce that on 5-10% screen brightness

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #5  
solwretep's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Yeahh...

Screen brightness on 5%
I can do that with my Z1...
If I can get 6-7 hours on 69-70% screen brightness then I really believe I could reproduce that on 5-10% screen brightness

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

But this was at 40% brightness, not 5%....
7th April 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #6  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,364
 
6,571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solwretep

But this was at 40% brightness, not 5%....

That's something they/he/she said but it's not possible to really know...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #7  
solwretep's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

That's something they/he/she said but it's not possible to really know...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

14 hours even on 5% brightness is awesome anyway
The Following User Says Thank You to solwretep For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

That's something they/he/she said but it's not possible to really know...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Maybe we should ask for a video of it so you can verify the findings
7th April 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #9  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,364
 
6,571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plonkersaurus

Maybe we should ask for a video of it so you can verify the findings

Video should be 30 hours long mate...
You could use 70% for a 2 hours, then 5-10% for a 10-20 hours and then 40% to record a 5 mins video.

It's not possible to know that all we could get is this...so we could believe it or not.

I don't buy that but OK...

Actually - I believe it is possible, if you lower your cpu freq to minimum and brightness to very low.

But if you are using device like every other "normal" person...
I really doubt battery could hold that much of screen time to.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Video should be 30 hours long mate...
You could use 70% for a 2 hours, then 5-10% for a 10-20 hours and then 40% to record a 5 mins video.

It's not possible to know that all we could get is this...so we could believe it or not.

I don't buy that but OK...

Actually - I believe it is possible, if you lower your cpu freq to minimum and brightness to very low.

But if you are using device like every other "normal" person...
I really doubt battery could hold that much of screen time to.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yes it was a joke, it would be 14 hours long for you to watch thus the .

There's no realistic way to verify anyone's claims so you can say they are bull**** all you want, but if what he is saying is the truth then it is pretty amazing and I highly doubt the Z1 can do it even at minimum brightness.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 General by ThreadRank