Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sony Warranty & C6906 ROMs

Tip us?

Restricti0n
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Sony Warranty & C6906 ROMs

Hi everyone,
It's been about three months since my C6903 died from flashing (just like many here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2572515). Anyways, Sony finally found another Xperia Z1 to swap with my old one, a C6906. I have a really bad feeling about swapping a C6903 to a C6906, mainly because I will not be able to flash monxDIFIED or iHackers rom. Am I correct on this assumption?
Also, is it normal that warranty takes 3 months to process and resolve, or should it be something I should get angry with Sony Support service when I talk to them about the swap.

All replies welcome, thank you for your time!

B1nny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 586

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restricti0n View Post
Hi everyone,
It's been about three months since my C6903 died from flashing (just like many here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2572515). Anyways, Sony finally found another Xperia Z1 to swap with my old one, a C6906. I have a really bad feeling about swapping a C6903 to a C6906, mainly because I will not be able to flash monxDIFIED or iHackers rom. Am I correct on this assumption?
Also, is it normal that warranty takes 3 months to process and resolve, or should it be something I should get angry with Sony Support service when I talk to them about the swap.

All replies welcome, thank you for your time!
This shouldn't be a problem at all. In the 'ealier' days there were indeed problems with custom roms on the C6906 but the developers managed to find a way to fix this, right now the right files get applied automatically if the installer detects you have a C6906.

Overall your experience should be exactly the same, maybe you'll have to wait a day longer if a whole new version of Android comes out before it works on the C6906 but nothing too major.
"However, if you put any trust in Benchmark Scores you could use them
to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance" - Chainfire
The Following User Says Thank You to B1nny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]