Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] Star Walk app is available for WP8!

Tip us?

Al.Sister
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [App] Star Walk app is available for WP8!

Hey XDA Developers,

We are excited to let you know that we are launching Star Walk for Windows Phone. Star Walk is our favorite app for stargazing. It shows celestial objects in their exact positions on the sky above you. With over nine million users on iOS, Android, Apple Design Award and a lot of encouraging words from our customers, we are ready to take the next step and announce that Star Walk is now available for Windows Phone 8 devices.

Here’s what we got:

- Over 200,000 stars, planets, constellations, and satellites in the night sky (that covers literally all man-made satellites and anything you may want to find in the night sky).
- Augmented reality augments your reality as you look at the sky through your phone camera
- Time machine that will calculate positions of all celestial bodies at any chosen moment.
- Current information on moon phases and planets’ set and rise times.
- Discover invisible wonders such as black holes, supernova remnants and more using Spectrum Scale - Radio, Microwave, Infrared, H-Alpha, X-Ray, Gamma Raywill let you see the sky in X-Ray.
We believe that Star Walk on Windows Phone will be everything you want from a superb stargazing app. And this is just the beginning.

Thanks, and please feel free to send us any feedback or questions.

- Star Walk Team

Link: https:// www .windowsphone. com/s?appid= fd944b1d-af89-42f4-9352-b42f303f5f42 (remove spaces)

dergutehirte
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Would really like to give your app a try, but there is no trial version avaiable

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
... which also makes this thread a violation of the rules. Unpaid advertising for paid products is *not* an acceptable use of this forum! I get that the OP is new and all; that is not an excuse though! READ THE RULES, PEOPLE!

... sigh, carry on. I don't even know why I bother checking this forum section anymore, mostly just commercial spam.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

proflo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can you please offer a free trail version?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Or just post the sideloadable .XAP here... did I miss some memo stating that XDA rules just don't apply in this sub-forum? Not that posting the XAP is required, but it's one of the easy ways to come down on the right side of the mods...
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.