FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] Splendid For Xperia Z1

275 posts
Thanks Meter: 50
 
By NiM72NiK, Senior Member on 7th April 2014, 07:50 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys.
everyone knows the contrast and colors on z1 are really low and colors are washed out.
I have a ASUS MeMo pad HD7.the tablet has an app which edits contrast and color temp and saturation by the name of splendid.
is there any app like that which can be used on z1 or can it be ported from that to z1?
 
 
7th April 2014, 08:12 AM |#2  
B1nny's Avatar
XDA Portal Team / Forum Moderator
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 699
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiM72NiK

Hi guys.
everyone knows the contrast and colors on z1 are really low and colors are washed out.
I have a ASUS MeMo pad HD7.the tablet has an app which edits contrast and color temp and saturation by the name of splendid.
is there any app like that which can be used on z1 or can it be ported from that to z1?

The new 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Xperia Z1 (14.3.A.0.681) includes a "white balance" option in the display settings. This will probably fulfill your needs.
7th April 2014, 08:22 AM |#3  
NiM72NiK's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny

The new 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Xperia Z1 (14.3.A.0.681) includes a "white balance" option in the display settings. This will probably fulfill your needs.

thanks for your reply. but that feature only changes the temperature.but this feature I say, enhances the vividness,color saturation,contrast,hue and more..it works with colors.enhances them perfect.but the white balance as of its name,only focuses on the white balance and nothing more
7th April 2014, 08:30 AM |#4  
B1nny's Avatar
XDA Portal Team / Forum Moderator
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 699
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiM72NiK

thanks for your reply. but that feature only changes the temperature.but this feature I say, enhances the vividness,color saturation,contrast,hue and more..it works with colors.enhances them perfect.but the white balance as of its name,only focuses on the white balance and nothing more

In that case there's one option left I believe, and it's on available if you have an unlocked bootloader. Recently @DooMLoRD managed to get LCD Colour Control working on the Xperia Z1. You'll have to flash his kernel though which can be found here.

I'm not sure if this will (eventually?) offer the options you want but these are the only 2 screen colour management tweaks there are at the moment.
7th April 2014, 08:32 AM |#5  
NiM72NiK's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny

In that case there's one option left I believe, and it's on available if you have an unlocked bootloader. Recently @DooMLoRD managed to get LCD Colour Control working on the Xperia Z1. You'll have to flash his kernel though which can be found here.

I'm not sure if this will (eventually?) offer the options you want but these are the only 2 screen colour management tweaks there are at the moment.

great answer.I'm using romaur 6.3 with doomkernel v11... but how should I reach this feature? where should I find it?
7th April 2014, 08:38 AM |#6  
B1nny's Avatar
XDA Portal Team / Forum Moderator
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 699
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiM72NiK

great answer.I'm using romaur 6.3 with doomkernel v11... but how should I reach this feature? where should I find it?

As the developer stated:
Quote:

use FauxClock or similar app to control this feature

The developer of "Pimp My Z1" is also looking into adding this functionality I believe. Other than that, just use Google to find an app that is able to adjust it.
Last edited by B1nny; 7th April 2014 at 08:41 AM.
7th April 2014, 08:56 AM |#7  
NiM72NiK's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny

As the developer stated:

The developer of "Pimp My Z1" is also looking into adding this functionality I believe. Other than that, just use Google to find an app that is able to adjust it.

I downloaded the fauxclock.it has the feature.but its just white balance nothing more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes