Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,414 Members 50,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Splendid For Xperia Z1

Tip us?

NiM72NiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [Q] Splendid For Xperia Z1

Hi guys.
everyone knows the contrast and colors on z1 are really low and colors are washed out.
I have a ASUS MeMo pad HD7.the tablet has an app which edits contrast and color temp and saturation by the name of splendid.
is there any app like that which can be used on z1 or can it be ported from that to z1?
want free GEMS in CLASH OF CLANS? Click the link below:

Want more details:

register,complete the surveys(so easy!),get cash out,build your visa card,use it to buy gems in clash of clans
Xperia Z1 .... REBORNED ( Thanks to the_laser for TA scripting,i owe him a big one )

B1nny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 586

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiM72NiK View Post
Hi guys.
everyone knows the contrast and colors on z1 are really low and colors are washed out.
I have a ASUS MeMo pad HD7.the tablet has an app which edits contrast and color temp and saturation by the name of splendid.
is there any app like that which can be used on z1 or can it be ported from that to z1?
The new 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Xperia Z1 (14.3.A.0.681) includes a "white balance" option in the display settings. This will probably fulfill your needs.
"However, if you put any trust in Benchmark Scores you could use them
to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance" - Chainfire

NiM72NiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny View Post
The new 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Xperia Z1 (14.3.A.0.681) includes a "white balance" option in the display settings. This will probably fulfill your needs.
thanks for your reply. but that feature only changes the temperature.but this feature I say, enhances the vividness,color saturation,contrast,hue and more..it works with colors.enhances them perfect.but the white balance as of its name,only focuses on the white balance and nothing more

Want more details:

register,complete the surveys(so easy!),get cash out,build your visa card,use it to buy gems in clash of clans
Xperia Z1 .... REBORNED ( Thanks to the_laser for TA scripting,i owe him a big one )

B1nny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 586

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
thanks for your reply. but that feature only changes the temperature.but this feature I say, enhances the vividness,color saturation,contrast,hue and more..it works with colors.enhances them perfect.but the white balance as of its name,only focuses on the white balance and nothing more
In that case there's one option left I believe, and it's on available if you have an unlocked bootloader. Recently @DooMLoRD managed to get LCD Colour Control working on the Xperia Z1. You'll have to flash his kernel though which can be found here.

I'm not sure if this will (eventually?) offer the options you want but these are the only 2 screen colour management tweaks there are at the moment.
to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance" - Chainfire

NiM72NiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
In that case there's one option left I believe, and it's on available if you have an unlocked bootloader. Recently @DooMLoRD managed to get LCD Colour Control working on the Xperia Z1. You'll have to flash his kernel though which can be found here.

I'm not sure if this will (eventually?) offer the options you want but these are the only 2 screen colour management tweaks there are at the moment.
great answer.I'm using romaur 6.3 with doomkernel v11... but how should I reach this feature? where should I find it?

Want more details:

B1nny
Old
(Last edited by B1nny; 7th April 2014 at 08:41 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 586

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
great answer.I'm using romaur 6.3 with doomkernel v11... but how should I reach this feature? where should I find it?
As the developer stated:
Quote:
use FauxClock or similar app to control this feature
The developer of "Pimp My Z1" is also looking into adding this functionality I believe. Other than that, just use Google to find an app that is able to adjust it.

NiM72NiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
As the developer stated:

The developer of "Pimp My Z1" is also looking into adding this functionality I believe. Other than that, just use Google to find an app that is able to adjust it.
I downloaded the fauxclock.it has the feature.but its just white balance nothing more.

Want more details: