Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Splendid For Xperia Z1

OP NiM72NiK

7th April 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 33

200 posts
More
Hi guys.
everyone knows the contrast and colors on z1 are really low and colors are washed out.
I have a ASUS MeMo pad HD7.the tablet has an app which edits contrast and color temp and saturation by the name of splendid.
is there any app like that which can be used on z1 or can it be ported from that to z1?
7th April 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 666

1,091 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiM72NiK

Hi guys.
everyone knows the contrast and colors on z1 are really low and colors are washed out.
I have a ASUS MeMo pad HD7.the tablet has an app which edits contrast and color temp and saturation by the name of splendid.
is there any app like that which can be used on z1 or can it be ported from that to z1?

The new 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Xperia Z1 (14.3.A.0.681) includes a "white balance" option in the display settings. This will probably fulfill your needs.
7th April 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tehran

200 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny

The new 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Xperia Z1 (14.3.A.0.681) includes a "white balance" option in the display settings. This will probably fulfill your needs.

thanks for your reply. but that feature only changes the temperature.but this feature I say, enhances the vividness,color saturation,contrast,hue and more..it works with colors.enhances them perfect.but the white balance as of its name,only focuses on the white balance and nothing more
7th April 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag The Hague

1,091 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks for your reply. but that feature only changes the temperature.but this feature I say, enhances the vividness,color saturation,contrast,hue and more..it works with colors.enhances them perfect.but the white balance as of its name,only focuses on the white balance and nothing more

In that case there's one option left I believe, and it's on available if you have an unlocked bootloader. Recently @DooMLoRD managed to get LCD Colour Control working on the Xperia Z1. You'll have to flash his kernel though which can be found here.

I'm not sure if this will (eventually?) offer the options you want but these are the only 2 screen colour management tweaks there are at the moment.
7th April 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tehran

200 posts
More
Quote:

In that case there's one option left I believe, and it's on available if you have an unlocked bootloader. Recently @DooMLoRD managed to get LCD Colour Control working on the Xperia Z1. You'll have to flash his kernel though which can be found here.

I'm not sure if this will (eventually?) offer the options you want but these are the only 2 screen colour management tweaks there are at the moment.

great answer.I'm using romaur 6.3 with doomkernel v11... but how should I reach this feature? where should I find it?
7th April 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag The Hague

1,091 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

great answer.I'm using romaur 6.3 with doomkernel v11... but how should I reach this feature? where should I find it?

As the developer stated:
Quote:

use FauxClock or similar app to control this feature

The developer of "Pimp My Z1" is also looking into adding this functionality I believe. Other than that, just use Google to find an app that is able to adjust it.
Last edited by B1nny; 7th April 2014 at 09:41 AM.
7th April 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tehran

200 posts
More
Quote:

As the developer stated:

The developer of "Pimp My Z1" is also looking into adding this functionality I believe. Other than that, just use Google to find an app that is able to adjust it.

I downloaded the fauxclock.it has the feature.but its just white balance nothing more.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread