Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 35,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Discussion] Your favorite GS5 features?

Tip us?

omersak
Old
Thanks Meter 250
The fact that it'll probably be the least ****ty camera on an android phone. Samsung generally has the best cameras on android phones so it's good that the S 5 will have that larger sensor. The new AF system is a bonus, too.

I have absolutely zero hope for the likes of Sony and HTC in that regard. Not even an iota. Poor software processing and algorithms will mean that the large sensor on the Z2 will be a waste and HTC got away with murder with the **** they tried to pull of with the HTC One.
3310 > 3330 > 6100 > k500i > 6630 > 5700XM > N95 8gb > N81 8gb > Samsung i550 > N79 > 5800XM > iPhone 3gs > HTC Desire > Galaxy S > Nexus S > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II > HTC Sensation + Xperia Play > iPhone 4s + Galaxy Nexus + Galaxy S III > Lumia 800 + One X > Galaxy Note II + iPhone 5 + Padfone 2 > Xperia Z > One m7 > Xperia Z1 >Nexus 5 > Galaxy S5 > One m8 > Xperia Z2 + G3

Nokia: 10
Samsung: 6
HTC: 5
Sony: 5
Apple: 4
Nexus: 3
Asus: 1
LG: 1
The Following User Says Thank You to omersak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rikken
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Camera and heart rate sensor

Joe0113
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,650

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimepots View Post
Better Battery Life- Bigger battery, plus the ultra power saving mode! Already average 25hrs with 3hrs of on screen time with my S4 (stock battery), so I can't wait to see what the S5 can do!

Plus the camera!
+1 on that! Anytime I get to 10% just put on that ultra power saving mode and you're probly good for at least a few more hours! And I'm sure the awesome devs here will find a way to mod it and such!
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

christy85
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Galaxy S5: Smartphone for Smart People

The most advanced technology Samsung Galaxy S5 includes is fingerprint scanner that is embedded in the home button and the hardware will be available to the third party devs. It is the smart and superfast phone to manage all the processor at a same time. With a 2.5GHz quad-core processor that is accompanied by 2GB RAM gives extremely smooth performance.

Some of the main features of Samsung Galaxy S5 :
5.1 inch full HD Super Amoled screen
Android 4.4 Operating System
Quad krait 2.5 Ghz processor
16 megapixel camera
Dimensions: 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
Weight: 145g
Price: £599 in UK

jesi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Slow server, but working.
Too shame, it is only for http. 

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-o...7-11-35-19.png
/ Jere with Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)