Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,223 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.2 Root on D800 without downgrading.

Tip us?

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 784

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] 4.4.2 Root on D800 without downgrading.

My mom received a D800 that came with 4.4.2 installed. I want to root it but so far all the methods I have found has failed (I tried Kingo and a few methods for the G Pro 2) Is there a way to root without having to downgrade to 4.2.2? If you can provide that would be great!
If I have helped you out, it doesn't hurt to hit that thanks button!
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey, LG G2 Black(current)

..also had multiple "Go Phones"

Art Vanderlay
Old
(Last edited by Art Vanderlay; 7th April 2014 at 10:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
My mom received a D800 that came with 4.4.2 installed. I want to root it but so far all the methods I have found has failed (I tried Kingo and a few methods for the G Pro 2) Is there a way to root without having to downgrade to 4.2.2? If you can provide that would be great!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869 This method works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 784

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
I will give it a try, I think I tried this a few versions ago and it failed but it looks like it has been updated

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If I have helped you out, it doesn't hurt to hit that thanks button!
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey, LG G2 Black(current)

..also had multiple "Go Phones"