[Q] Fix for MiniCM10 WiFi Bug

Search This thread
V

Viky_Desire_C

Is there any solution to fix wifi bug in MiniCM10 ?

maniknarang

Sep 1, 2013
San Diego

There are several ways to fix the wifi bug...
1) Download this app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shantz.wifikeepalive
Open it, select keep on during sleep if plugged, now the app will close...
Open it again, go to advanced>enable workaround 2>Done>always on...
The app will close, but this time your wifi would be stable...

2) Another method is following THIS FORUM

3) You can also follow THIS FORUM...

If you are new to this, then you should follow the first method...Otherwise you can try the other two fixes our community members have found out...:)
Enjoy and press thanks:p;)

Reactions: Antagonist42
V

Viky_Desire_C

1) Download this app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shantz.wifikeepalive

If you are new to this, then you should follow the first method...Otherwise you can try the other two fixes our community members have found out...:)

I am asking fix for WiFi which is not turning on. It works after restart only !!

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Working after a restart is a bug within CM10.... It won't work without applying at least some of the above work-arounds/fixes

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C

Reactions: maniknarang

droider7

Feb 27, 2014
Wifi fix for CM10

I am asking fix for WiFi which is not turning on. It works after restart only !!

Dear friend,

my wifi works without rebooting the device...that bug has now been fixed...i did the following in order to have it fixed.

Read this fully...

1. Download the N.O.P.E by @me4488, from here - i am using version 2.6 800 MHz , you should try which one works for you.

2. Download the WIFI Fix rar by @Alijosekt from here here. Extract those files to a folder and copy that folder to your sd card name it WIFI Fix folder for referencing...

3. Copy apk of Root-explorer.apk to your sd card

3. Flash the Rom as per instructions of @cute_prince, these are:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING

a. Do a FULL WIPE first. Full Wipe means format /system, /data, /cache.
b. Now flash ROM and then GAPPS through recovery.
c. After flashing, do NOT reboot phone. Instead POWER OFF the device and boot to bootloader.
e. Extract the boot.img from rom and flash it using fastboot flash boot boot.img command.
Reboot.

when you reach step e in above instruction do the FOLLOWING. DO NOT EXTRACT the boot.img from the zip file...instead use the one that you have download from @me4488 NOPE post rename it to boot.img and the flash the boot.img...reboot the phone afterwards. After rebooting, DON'T DO ANYTHING esle, just install the root-explorer.apk you copied to sd card and follow the step 3 below

3. turn on the WIFI and reboot.
4. If WIFI is on after reboot, don't turn it off. If WIFI is off, turn it on. When you see that WIFI is connected and transmitting data, open root-explorer. & Don't turn wifi off...
5. Goto /system/etc/wifi and rename wpa_supplicant.conf to wpa_supplicant.conf.bak
6. Go to your sd card and copy the files from WIFI Fix folder (all the three files) to /system/etc/wifi
7. Fix the permission of all three files to 644 (i.e User, Group, Others= Read & User=Write)
8. Now without turning off the wifi, reboot the phone...
When it reboots try switching wifi on and off.... & I hope this solves your problem...This method worked for me...try using different NOPE kernels before you search for any other method...

P.S Neither I nor any other person from xda is responsible for anything you do to you phone...the whole responsibility lies with you and you only.

Make a backup first from your existing ROM that is a standard professional practice

And i thank all persons who have made CM10 available on Golfu and solved its bugs... Special thanks to:
@me4488 for the NOPE Kernel
@Alijosekt For wifi files and on/off problem
@cute_prince for the CM10 Rom
& @Ansanen for the Wifi Fix in CM10 Rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wifi fix for CM10

Dear friend,

my wifi works without rebooting the device...that bug has now been fixed...i did the following in order to have it fixed.

Read this fully...

1. Download the N.O.P.E by @me4488, from here - i am using version 2.6 800 MHz , you should try which one works for you.

2. Download the WIFI Fix rar by @Alijosekt from here here. Extract those files to a folder and copy that folder to your sd card name it WIFI Fix folder for referencing...

3. Copy apk of Root-explorer.apk to your sd card

3. Flash the Rom as per instructions of @cute_prince, these are:
    INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING

a. Do a FULL WIPE first. Full Wipe means format /system, /data, /cache.
    b. Now flash ROM and then GAPPS through recovery.
    c. After flashing, do NOT reboot phone. Instead POWER OFF the device and boot to bootloader.
    e. Extract the boot.img from rom and flash it using fastboot flash boot boot.img command.
    Reboot.

when you reach step e in above instruction do the FOLLOWING. DO NOT EXTRACT the boot.img from the zip file...instead use the one that you have download from @me4488 NOPE post rename it to boot.img and the flash the boot.img...reboot the phone afterwards. After rebooting, DON'T DO ANYTHING esle, just install the root-explorer.apk you copied to sd card and follow the step 3 below

3. turn on the WIFI and reboot.
    4. If WIFI is on after reboot, don't turn it off. If WIFI is off, turn it on. When you see that WIFI is connected and transmitting data, open root-explorer. & Don't turn wifi off...
    5. Goto /system/etc/wifi and rename wpa_supplicant.conf to wpa_supplicant.conf.bak
    6. Go to your sd card and copy the files from WIFI Fix folder (all the three files) to /system/etc/wifi
    7. Fix the permission of all three files to 644 (i.e User, Group, Others= Read & User=Write)
    8. Now without turning off the wifi, reboot the phone...
    When it reboots try switching wifi on and off.... & I hope this solves your problem...This method worked for me...try using different NOPE kernels before you search for any other method...

P.S Neither I nor any other person from xda is responsible for anything you do to you phone...the whole responsibility lies with you and you only.

Make a backup first from your existing ROM that is a standard professional practice

And i thank all persons who have made CM10 available on Golfu and solved its bugs... Special thanks to:
    @me4488 for the NOPE Kernel
    @Alijosekt For wifi files and on/off problem
    @cute_prince for the CM10 Rom
    & @Ansanen for the Wifi Fix in CM10 Rom

Working after a restart is a bug within CM10.... It won't work without applying at least some of the above work-arounds/fixes

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C