Originally Posted by sahilg009
The screen by itself is the biggest battery drainer of the whole device. The screen itself is 1920x1080.
If you use software to put it into 1280x720 or even lower the screen itself will still be 1920x1080.
All the 1920x1080 pixels need to be enabled, regardless of the resolution set by the software.
Ergo: has no use, to save battery. Best way to conserve battery is to leave the screen off.
LG G3 32GB D855
• Stock Android 4.4.2 V10j Rom • Stock kernel • Tethered recovery
Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4
• GE Danvdh 27-06-2014 • Googy kernel • XXUFNA1
Nexus7 2013 Flo
• Android 4.4.3 • ElementalX 2.12 kernel • KOT49H
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
• AOKP CM10.3 • Default kernel
HTC Flyer 3G
• ICS Yetki 1.2 • ChaosX 22.214.171.124 kernel