Have Xperia Z, able to swap for S4

OP JknRich

7th April 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dereham
Thanks Meter: 11

698 posts
More
Ok I need advice from the people who have used and are still using this phone. I have a Xperia Z atm and someone has said they would swap there S4, see I do not know much about the S4. So is this worth it, is there much point
7th April 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 58

223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JknRich

Ok I need advice from the people who have used and are still using this phone. I have a Xperia Z atm and someone has said they would swap there S4, see I do not know much about the S4. So is this worth it, is there much point

Some things to consider :

For :

Everyday details:
Amoled as opposed to TFT (true blacks and supposed lower power consumption for dark screens)
S-Cover possibility : Intelligent cases that can unlock the phone on opening and show information through a small window.
Air View : allows one to wave a hand over the locked phone for it to show briefly the latest notifications.
Stuff that samsung put in their touchwiz. Coming from an xperia myself I found that sony have become boring with always the same look.
An excellent video player - I don't bother with anything else it even has very good DNLA.
the Camera software has nice touches over the sony I tested.
The software is updated regularly. I only got one upgrade on my old Xperia to android 4.1.

Against:
Perhaps the camera in the sony is better.
Not waterproof.
Not glass. the S4 plastic but isn't that supposed to be tougher ?
Samsung have put in place what appears to be an e-fuse to detect rooting... This is a dealbreaker for some but mine's stock and I'm happy with mine. Sony appear to be more leniant to those who root their devices.

Try the SGS4 - ya might like it. Ya might not
7th April 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 105

633 posts
More
I swapped my Z for a S4. Dont regret it. Above reply sums it all quite up.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread