Charging The 10.1

6th April 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
I lost the original charger to my 10.1 2014 Edition and I've had problems ever since. Earlier this week I thought I would order a Limefuel 24W 4.8A dual port rapid charger. I thought to myself: Hey I can untick Power saving and have all my needed apps running. Even using a root mod to run 4 way multitasking. Yet it's still sucking up more juice than the charger is spitting out. Am I doing something wrong or did I get a faulty unit from China? This was NEVER a problem when using the Damn Samsung charger along with the foreign adapter dongle it shipped with. I thought getting one so powerful would charge it even faster.

Maybe I should just ship it back and get an official unit from Samsung? Although I don't see how getting less energy will make the tablet charge any better
6th April 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 17

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatblokematti

I lost the original charger to my 10.1 2014 Edition and I've had problems ever since. Earlier this week I thought I would order a Limefuel 24W 4.8A dual port rapid charger. I thought to myself: Hey I can untick Power saving and have all my needed apps running. Even using a root mod to run 4 way multitasking. Yet it's still sucking up more juice than the charger is spitting out. Am I doing something wrong or did I get a faulty unit from China? This was NEVER a problem when using the Damn Samsung charger along with the foreign adapter dongle it shipped with. I thought getting one so powerful would charge it even faster.

Maybe I should just ship it back and get an official unit from Samsung? Although I don't see how getting less energy will make the tablet charge any better

4.8 amp should do the trick. Could be a fake unit. Is it heavy? 4.8 amp is pretty much, so it should be as big as a lap top charger.
But remember , a cheap usb cable may also be the problem. Try a short one of good quality.

Edit.Just tried a 1.2 amp Nexus 5 charger on my P605. Charging good on full brightness.

Thanks
KnieveI
Last edited by KnieveI; 6th April 2014 at 10:20 AM.
6th April 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #3  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,185

8,708 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnieveI

4.8 amp should do the trick. Could be a fake unit. Is it heavy? 4.8 amp is pretty much, so it should be as big as a lap top charger.
But remember , a cheap usb cable may also be the problem. Try a short one of good quality.

Edit.Just tried a 1.2 amp Nexus 5 charger on my P605. Charging good on full brightness.

Thanks
KnieveI

The charging circuitry and s/w on the device determine charging speed. Do a search. Someone posted the different charging amperages using the stock charge and Apple and HTC chargers and USB cables. The device detected the latter and charged at about half of the former.
6th April 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 17

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

The charging circuitry and s/w on the device determine charging speed. Do a search. Someone posted the different charging amperages using the stock charge and Apple and HTC chargers and USB cables. The device detected the latter and charged at about half of the former.

Yes thats obvious and i doesnt even need to " do a search ".
The problem was it wouldnt charge at all.

Thanks
Knievel
7th April 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 84

355 posts
More
Does the p600 also not charge correctly with a non samsung charger? I remember my p1000 requiring an adapter that had a resistor between two connections to charge correctly at a laptop or different charger.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10.1 2014 edition, charger, samsung, tablet
Previous Thread Next Thread