Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 42,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Relay can't hear input from any bluetooth device, LAME

Tip us?

Epiclectic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down [Q] Relay can't hear input from any bluetooth device, LAME

Am I the only Relay user having trouble using voice command thru bluetooth?

I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.2, on tmobile, and using google voice/talktone for calls.

On both bluetooth car kits I've tried (Blueant Commute and Kinivo BT450), things work fine (music, navigation, reading incoming texts, taking calls) until I try to voice command the phone thru the BT unit.

I've tried:
~ google now, voice search, voice dialer
~ turning on talkback (hate that constant reading of each page, AGHH!)
~ blueant app (does F%&&% all)
~ every tip on both gear's support pages
~ tmobile's support page (HA!)
~ even reverted back to stock (in case it was CM), and IT STILL SUCKED MY @**#&#$

I am ready to throw this POS phone against the nearest underpass..... if someone can solve this, I will send you thanks, and a present. Seriously.

(I appreciate all advice, but feedback from those who have this prob, or solved this prob are the most helpful. THX)

Magamo
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiclectic View Post
Am I the only Relay user having trouble using voice command thru bluetooth?

I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.2, on tmobile, and using google voice/talktone for calls.

On both bluetooth car kits I've tried (Blueant Commute and Kinivo BT450), things work fine (music, navigation, reading incoming texts, taking calls) until I try to voice command the phone thru the BT unit.

I've tried:
~ google now, voice search, voice dialer
~ turning on talkback (hate that constant reading of each page, AGHH!)
~ blueant app (does F%&&% all)
~ every tip on both gear's support pages
~ tmobile's support page (HA!)
~ even reverted back to stock (in case it was CM), and IT STILL SUCKED MY @**#&#$

I am ready to throw this POS phone against the nearest underpass..... if someone can solve this, I will send you thanks, and a present. Seriously.

(I appreciate all advice, but feedback from those who have this prob, or solved this prob are the most helpful. THX)
We (TeamApexQ) have thrown ourselves against this wall a few times, to no avail. This is a known issue in our sound configuration. It really comes out of the fact that getting this to work would involve having a bluetooth device work in two separate profiles (A2DP for output, SCO for input) at once which is not a trivial or easy thing to implement. What we need are more logs of this issue, and probably some direct communication in IRC with a couple of testers to bang this one out.
TeamApexQ -- irc.freenode.net/#apexqtmo
The Following User Says Thank You to Magamo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Epiclectic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magamo View Post
We (TeamApexQ) have thrown ourselves against this wall a few times, to no avail. This is a known issue in our sound configuration. It really comes out of the fact that getting this to work would involve having a bluetooth device work in two separate profiles (A2DP for output, SCO for input) at once which is not a trivial or easy thing to implement. What we need are more logs of this issue, and probably some direct communication in IRC with a couple of testers to bang this one out.
OK, so I'm not a retard. hehe, thanks for that, I was going crazy thinking it must be some setting I overlooked. Strange though, it still didn't work when I reverted to stock.... no? (THAT must be something I am doing wrong...)

After 6 months enjoying CM10 (big thumbs up for TeamApexQ!!), I can't bear the thought of trying to suffer thru stock rom....what's the closest rom to CM that has good bluetooth integration..?

Magamo
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
OK, so I'm not a retard. hehe, thanks for that, I was going crazy thinking it must be some setting I overlooked. Strange though, it still didn't work when I reverted to stock.... no? (THAT must be something I am doing wrong...)

After 6 months enjoying CM10 (big thumbs up for TeamApexQ!!), I can't bear the thought of trying to suffer thru stock rom....what's the closest rom to CM that has good bluetooth integration..?
Now, someone can correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe all of the community images are using the same sound configuration that TeamApexQ has been developing since CM 10.1, so... None of them. Again, with some community assistance, logcats, testing, and patience we can fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magamo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Epiclectic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magamo View Post
Now, someone can correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe all of the community images are using the same sound configuration that TeamApexQ has been developing since CM 10.1, so... None of them. Again, with some community assistance, logcats, testing, and patience we can fix it.
I thought I heard CM9 had working BT... if not, what can I do to help? how do I capture and send you the logs?

Magamo
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
I thought I heard CM9 had working BT... if not, what can I do to help? how do I capture and send you the logs?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238

Please, please, please issue a 'logcat -c' before doing this proceedure to capture a log of the issue, to clear the log, and to avoid having us to sift through every log your phone has taken since reboot.

Also, send us the contents of the 'dmesg' command after encountering the issue, just to rule out anything on the kernel side.