Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

lenovo miix 2 8 please help many questions- please please

Tip us?

hykhleif
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default lenovo miix 2 8 please help many questions- please please

Hello guys I need your kind help on the following questions

1- I bought an otg cable and found that it keeps disconnecting a lot, like when I connect a usb hard drive, or mouse, or xbox controller it keep every now and then disconnecting,

2- the sound volume is really low , especially when I play music

3- is there a software that can tell me about lenovo driver or software updates

4- when i press the power buttom to turn off the display youtube disconnects, i was wondering if i can play youtube while display is off, as I like to listen to youtube sometimes and don't care about the screen to be on

kindly please tell me in detail as I am still new to windows tablets especially drivers and software

i was wondering also is there a special forum for win8.1 tablets that is good for getting help

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 324
Mouse should be fine, but an xbox 360 controller is rated at 400mA of current draw officially and hard disks regularly peak at 500mA or more, the miix is only rated for 100mA on its USB. You need a mains powered USB hub inbetween tablet and device if you are going to use big power hungry devices like that, or one of those USB cables with split data and power connections and put the power connection to a mains adaptor or battery pack (you can buy battery packs with USB ports for charging phones).

Sound I have no idea.

Does the normal windows update facility not serve your needs? Just check back every few days.

Pressing the power button depending on power plan is putting your device to sleep or hibernate, all CPU activity is suspended in both of these modes.

hykhleif
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven View Post
Mouse should be fine, but an xbox 360 controller is rated at 400mA of current draw officially and hard disks regularly peak at 500mA or more, the miix is only rated for 100mA on its USB. You need a mains powered USB hub inbetween tablet and device if you are going to use big power hungry devices like that, or one of those USB cables with split data and power connections and put the power connection to a mains adaptor or battery pack (you can buy battery packs with USB ports for charging phones).

Sound I have no idea.

Does the normal windows update facility not serve your needs? Just check back every few days.

Pressing the power button depending on power plan is putting your device to sleep or hibernate, all CPU activity is suspended in both of these modes.
can u send me link for org with power cable

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
can u send me link for org with power cable
I haven't seen an OTG cable with it integrated, but there is no reason why you couldnt use this with your existing OTG cable:
http://www.newtech.cat/w/en/1473-USB...-AH--1-2m.html
On this cable there is 1 USB socket and 2 USB plugs. The black plug is a normal USB data connection which would normally plug into a laptop or something, you would simply stick that in the OTG cable, the white plug is wired for power only, this would go into anything capable of supplying 5v in a normal USB connector whether that be one of the wall adaptors supplied for charging phones or something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Addi.../dp/B002PHC1XU