FORUMS

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

Which version should i buy if i want to root it

1,688 posts
Thanks Meter: 529
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
looking to purchase the One m8, and most of the unlocked ones on ebay are verizon.

I see the boot loader is locked, any hope for that or should i look for a developer edition one ?


edit:
I am from Brazil and i need an unlocked version.
Last edited by mfractal; 3rd April 2014 at 05:45 PM.
 
 
3rd April 2014, 05:43 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfractal

looking to purchase the One m8, and most of the unlocked ones on ebay are verizon.

I see the bootloader is locked, any hope for that or should i look for a developer edition one ?

The Dev editions phones won't work on Verizon. If you're a VZW customer, you don't have a choice. As far as the bootloader, there's always hope.
3rd April 2014, 05:44 PM |#3  
mfractal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 529
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreemanoh

The Dev editions phones won't work on Verizon. If you're a VZW customer, you don't have a choice. As far as the bootloader, there's always hope.

should've mentioned i am from Brazil, so i just need it to be unlocked. The phones from AT&T and Sprint are locked ?
3rd April 2014, 05:52 PM |#4  
gomorrah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cary, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 420
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfractal

should've mentioned i am from Brazil, so i just need it to be unlocked. The phones from AT&T and Sprint are locked ?

Why would you buy a phone from an American carrier if you live in Brazil? Just order the Unlocked or Dev Version from HTC directly.
3rd April 2014, 05:55 PM |#5  
mfractal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 529
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomorrah

Why would you buy a phone from an American carrier if you live in Brazil? Just order the Unlocked or Dev Version from HTC directly.

because they are backordered and i have a limited window where i can pick it up in the states.
3rd April 2014, 05:55 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfractal

should've mentioned i am from Brazil, so i just need it to be unlocked. The phones from AT&T and Sprint are locked ?

Yeah, if the Dev edition one works on your carrier there, I would go with that. Verizon's M8 is SIM unlocked, but it's S-On'd.
3rd April 2014, 06:08 PM |#7  
mfractal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 529
 
Donate to Me
More
crap, dev edition only got the gold one in stock... wanted the silver one .. =/ oh well
3rd April 2014, 06:19 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfractal

crap, dev edition only got the gold one in stock... wanted the silver one .. =/ oh well

Can't hurt to check on Swappa, Ebay, etc. There may be some dev editions devices available (though it's not likely being so soon after release).
The Following User Says Thank You to sfreemanoh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 04:45 PM |#9  
mfractal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 529
 
Donate to Me
More
Ordered the dev version! Thanks all.

Tapatalkin'
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes