Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] new to xperia z1 rooting

OP cainwireshark

7th April 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
hi first of all am a noob when it comes it comes to rooting the xperia z1. The current android version am using is kitkat 14.3.A.0.681 and am using C6903 and i have seen posts on how to root it in this forum my issue is am a bit confused especially with stuff like unlock bootloader relock bootloader, CMW , downgrading etc i would really appreciate it if anybody could explain to me in detail how to root it especially direct rooting if theres any available or the procedure which requires downgrading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-45-23.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	2673565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-12.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	2673566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-42.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	2673567  
7th April 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,533

9,995 posts
Donate to Me
More
No direct rooting.

You can however read some threads and follow this advice

1) Downgrade to a FTF ending in .534 (Find it in the mega collection thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire)

4) Flash a 4.4.2 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

4 easy steps to get root. No need to back up TA, no need to unlock the bootloader.
Last edited by gregbradley; 7th April 2014 at 09:07 PM.
7th April 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #3  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

4) Flash a 4.4.3 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed).

4.4.3? ..where it is?
7th April 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

31 posts
thanks
Quote:

No direct rooting.

1) Downgrade to a FTF ending in .534 (Find it in the mega collection thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

4) Flash a 4.4.2 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

4 easy steps to get root. No need to back up TA, no need to unlock the bootloader.

ok thank you downloading files will give feedback about progress
7th April 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

31 posts
stuck at this point
Quote:

No direct rooting.

ok i have downloaded all files but am still confused even after visiting those forums how do you
2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed) really didnt get this :/ especially on how to install forum showed installation via windows and linux but how does it relate or how to custom recovery like this on phone plus can i decide to use CWM ?

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire) because i saw this on the playstore do i need to flash or install on phone and if flash how to flash apk to phone ?
sorry for noobish questions
7th April 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,995 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cainwireshark

ok i have downloaded all files but am still confused even after visiting those forums how do you
2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed) really didnt get this :/ especially on how to install forum showed installation via windows and linux but how does it relate or how to custom recovery like this on phone plus can i decide to use CWM ?

download it and run it. Yes you can choose to use CMW, Philz (Based on CMW) or TWRP. It will install all 3 recoveries onto your phone
Quote:

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire) because i saw this on the playstore do i need to flash or install on phone and if flash how to flash apk to phone ?
sorry for noobish questions

No, download the .zip from chainfires website and flash it in recovery once you have installed it
8th April 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #8  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
Quote:

No, download the .zip from chainfires website and flash it in recovery once you have installed it

Sorry Greg to bother you again about this but I will be glad to know why we should flash supersu via recovery? I mean, if you telling this, there should be a good reason, right? which it is?
8th April 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #9  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,995 posts
Donate to Me
More
To get a am app that manages your error privalages. Without it nothing can be given root rights.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread