Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Am I bricked? Need Help

Tip us?

intrepid9
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation [Q] Am I bricked? Need Help

So continuing from here...

I don't know what is wrong with my phone. I had cm-11-20140113-primoc-sk installed and tried installing cm-11-20131126-UNOFFICIAL-primoc back after Wiping Data, Cache, and system. I got through all the steps until reboot to flash boot.img. I rebooted and it just turned black. Nothing functioned afterward. I'm not even sure it is off because I can still see a faint backlight on. There are no lights, computer doesn't recognize it, power and volume buttons don't do anything, and I can't access HBoot or recovery. Am I bricked?

I've flashed several ROMs with this phone and this is the first time this has happened. I had more than 50% of battery when doing this.

P.S. the faint backlight is still on.
running RhythmicRom v1.4
Android version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean

mcgi5sr2
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid9 View Post
So continuing from here...

I don't know what is wrong with my phone. I had cm-11-20140113-primoc-sk installed and tried installing cm-11-20131126-UNOFFICIAL-primoc back after Wiping Data, Cache, and system. I got through all the steps until reboot to flash boot.img. I rebooted and it just turned black. Nothing functioned afterward. I'm not even sure it is off because I can still see a faint backlight on. There are no lights, computer doesn't recognize it, power and volume buttons don't do anything, and I can't access HBoot or recovery. Am I bricked?

I've flashed several ROMs with this phone and this is the first time this has happened. I had more than 50% of battery when doing this.

P.S. the faint backlight is still on.
Hold down the off button for 8-10 seconds and let the device turn off. Now reboot.
You can re enter recovery by holding the down volume button when you turn it back on
HTC One V (unlocked ~ S-Off) - CM10 Final Rom - HellBoy CM10 Kernel

intrepid9
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgi5sr2 View Post
Hold down the off button for 8-10 seconds and let the device turn off. Now reboot.
You can re enter recovery by holding the down volume button when you turn it back on
I tried that already. I tried almost all button combinations I knew.
Usually if its on and you hold down the off button the soft buttons will flash but nothing is flashing.
running RhythmicRom v1.4

mcgi5sr2
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Usually if its on and you hold down the off button the soft buttons will flash but nothing is flashing.
That is odd, prehaps your power button is a bit more mashed than mine. I'm guessing the battery has probably run out by now, but could you try adb or fastboot to see if the device is still recognised? From there we might be able to send it reboot commands etc
The Following User Says Thank You to mcgi5sr2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

parkourz
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
try charging it to 100% and then press power button as hard as you can to turn it off... if it turns off, then try entering hboot, if not I don't have more ideas
HIT IF I HELPED
BUT
I'M NOT HELPING BY PMS!!! If you are going to PM me with your problems, remember: YOU'LL BE IGNORED!!!
Proud user of
Running
SE K610i->SE W200i->SE C510i->SE Xperia X8->HTC One V->LG Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to parkourz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intrepid9
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
That is odd, prehaps your power button is a bit more mashed than mine. I'm guessing the battery has probably run out by now, but could you try adb or fastboot to see if the device is still recognised? From there we might be able to send it reboot commands etc
I don't think the power button is mashed up. I know the OneV tends to have a mushy power button but mine is still functioning well. Today when I pressed the power, the red led flashed several times. That means it has low battery right? I'm guessing it is off now? I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkourz View Post
try charging it to 100% and then press power button as hard as you can to turn it off... if it turns off, then try entering hboot, if not I don't have more ideas
I tried that yesterday. No luck. I'm going to try to let it run out of battery.
running RhythmicRom v1.4

parkourz
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
I don't think the power button is mashed up. I know the OneV tends to have a mushy power button but mine is still functioning well. Today when I pressed the power, the red led flashed several times. That means it has low battery right? I'm guessing it is off now? I'm not sure.

I tried that yesterday. No luck. I'm going to try to let it run out of battery.
That's the disadventage of phones with closed-in battery :/
HIT IF I HELPED
BUT
I'M NOT HELPING BY PMS!!! If you are going to PM me with your problems, remember: YOU'LL BE IGNORED!!!
Proud user of
Running
SE K610i->SE W200i->SE C510i->SE Xperia X8->HTC One V->LG Nexus 4

intrepid9
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I'm guessing the battery has probably run out by now, but could you try adb or fastboot to see if the device is still recognised? From there we might be able to send it reboot commands etc
So, the battery did indeed run out and I was able to use adb to send a reboot command. It worked and the phone started up again. Thanks for your help, but I have no idea why this happened in the first place
running RhythmicRom v1.4

mcgi5sr2
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
So, the battery did indeed run out and I was able to use adb to send a reboot command. It worked and the phone started up again. Thanks for your help, but I have no idea why this happened in the first place
Glad to hear your back up and running

Tags
bricked, htc one v