5,605,373 Members 42,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile/AT&T/GSM on Razr M

Tip us?

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 794
The apk and odex files to disable the Unknown SIM warning are VzwPhoneService.apk and .odex.

I haven't run any custom ROMs on the M so I am not certain what the problems might be with 4.4 versions, but I can talk to dhacker and see if he is aware of any specific issues and/or fixes for GSM service. This hack unlocks the radio itself and has nothing to do with the ROM, but the ROM has to support the radio properly for services to function, obviously. The apns_config.xml is a typical problem that needs editing but there are other RIL libs and binaries that need to be there as well as build.prop configurations that also need to be set for everything to work.

None of that can work at all until the radio is unlocked in the NVM first though.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond.

nrg024
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Snarb View Post
I used DFS (from cdmatool.com) & dev drivers from somewhere on XDA to set NV item 8322 to 0, and now I have H+ on Net10/AT&T in the US, with the US modem. Still says "Sim from unknown source" on boot, and remember set your APN correctly. Please report if you get this too, maybe there's something else I changed that is also important.

Super thanks to CellZealot, P3Droid, and everyone else for investigation, I wouldn't have tried if you didn't.

Happy hacking

THANKS!! worked for me using dfs. once in bp tools mode cheers!

latawiec
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It Works

Works. Made my moto to connect to Tmobile now. Have couple sims from over the europe ( I am traveling a lot and was always getting sim card in europe). will test in all of them, Thank you.

ezdi
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot View Post
The apk and odex files to disable the Unknown SIM warning are VzwPhoneService.apk and .odex.
Do you know how to disable the annoying popup to enable the "global" mode whenever signal disappears?
How about to enable the "WCDMA preferred" mode? I can only get "GSM auto (PRL)", "WCDMA only" and "GSM only" modes. Trying to select WCDMA preferred just reverts to GSM auto. GSM auto is horrid because the phone will almost never leave 2G once it's on it.

Xplorer4x4
Old
(Last edited by Xplorer4x4; 1st April 2014 at 01:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Sorry disregard!
Phone: Motorola Droid Razr HD
ROM: OSE with arrrghhh's kernel

pterios302
Old
(Last edited by pterios302; 8th April 2014 at 04:53 AM.) Reason: fixed
Thanks Meter 0
Default bad reception

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot View Post

I haven't run any custom ROMs on the M so I am not certain what the problems might be with 4.4 versions, but I can talk to dhacker and see if he is aware of any specific issues and/or fixes for GSM service. This hack unlocks the radio itself and has nothing to do with the ROM, but the ROM has to support the radio properly for services to function, obviously. The apns_config.xml is a typical problem that needs editing but there are other RIL libs and binaries that need to be there as well as build.prop configurations that also need to be set for everything to work.

None of that can work at all until the radio is unlocked in the NVM first though.
Long time troller/first time poster and thank you to many of the developers on this site for many things I have used and especially cellzealot for the NV hack for the RAZR M to use ATT. I saw this thread was still relatively active so I thought I would post here.

I was able to successfully use radiocomm and I can get att service with an h+ symbol. But reception is horrible and frequently drops service completely. Is there a tutorial somewhere regarding apns_config.xml changes/ RIL libs/binaries/build.prop configurations? I like using my unlimited ATT data plan for cheap! also if someone would like to take this opportunity to inform me how I can be of service to this community- I'm no hacker, but have successfully performed many mods described on this forum- I would gladly contribute.

I am on xt907, android version 4.1.2, system version 98.18.78.xt907.verizon.en.us, kernel version 3.0.31, build number 9.8.1q-78
Only mod is unlocked the radio in NVM.

Fixed!- I input *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer and chose GSM auto and this seemed to help. I had previously tried to change this in the mobile network settings (because i didn't know about *#*#4636#*#*) but that was not as effective.