Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] how to root xperia zl c6502 10.4.1.B.0.101 locked bootloader?

Tip us?
 
anagramgenius
Old
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 285
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mysore
So hw can i backup my TA?
Xperia ZL
 
Cookie Ninja
Old
(Last edited by Cookie Ninja; 4th April 2014 at 06:17 PM.)
#12  
Cookie Ninja's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 394
Posts: 1,325
Join Date: Jan 2010
Simple steps:
1. Downgrade to 4.2.2 (67 firmware) by flashing the ftf file of your region. Search the ZL thread to find your ROM on 67 fw.
2. Root the 67 firmware by bin4ry's method or cubeundcube method.
3. Make a TA backup using DevShaft's method. This is important for relocking your bootloader.
4. Upgrade to 101 using PCC or SUS. You will lose root. Make a ftf file of the update files that has been downloaded to your computer using flashtool.
5. Unlock bootloader from Sony. You will lose DRM.
6. Flash a custom kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78. This is a modified stock kernel with cwm recovery built-in.
7. Now download the latest 1.94 update super su.zip from chainfire's website. Store it in your ext micro SD card. Flash it to root your phone from the cwm recovery.
8. To get back to stock recovery, use the ftf file created at step 4 above. Flash only the kernel and fotakernel from the ftf file.
9. Now relock your bootloader by flashing the ta backup you made at step 3. Now your phone is rooted with locked bootloader on 101 firmware.
10. Enjoy!

I made a similar help thread for Sony Xperia Z here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656698.
Go though the thread except using the custom kernel in that thread. That kernel is Z specific. For the ZL use the advanced stock kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78 in the dev section. Link for kernel for ZL is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599619

Sent from one of my/our device/s
PAST
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=3974&id7=2863
PRESENT
Xperia Z C 6603; Stock, LB, Root (101 F/W) (Son's)
Xperia Z C 6602; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Wife's)
Moto E XT1022; Stock (Mine)
Nexus 7 (2012); EHNDROIX-V, Root (Son's)
Dell Venue 7 (2013); Stock 4.3, Root (Ours).
Asus TF 101; ARHD, Root (Mom's)

FUTURE
Flip Phone?
KitKat Sucks! Stick with Jellybean!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Ninja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
anagramgenius
Old
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 285
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mysore
Yeah. I'll try
Xperia ZL
 
anagramgenius
Old
(Last edited by anagramgenius; 19th June 2014 at 11:45 AM.)
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 285
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mysore
Rooted now.
Xperia ZL
 
alex_herrero
Old
#15  
alex_herrero's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 292
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Buenos Aires
I'm sorry, but isn't flashing 4.2.2 version (ftf .67), then rooting with kingo, then upgrading to .101 via OTA a much easier procedure?

[ACTUAL SET] LG NEXUS 5, KITKAT 4.4.4 STOCK + GRAVITYBOX
[HISTORY] PALM OS:M500/M515/T3/TX/TREO680// SYMBIAN:N95/N97(NOKIA)
ANDROID:MILESTONE(MOTO), NEXUS ONE(HTC), ATRIX (MOTO), SGS2, GALAXY NOTE, SGS3 (SAMSUNG), ONE X (HTC), NEXUS 4 (LG), XPERIA ZL (SONY)
 
Cookie Ninja
Old
(Last edited by Cookie Ninja; 5th April 2014 at 09:07 AM.)
#16  
Cookie Ninja's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 394
Posts: 1,325
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_herrero View Post
I'm sorry, but isn't flashing 4.2.2 version (ftf .67), then rooting with kingo, then upgrading to .101 via OTA a much easier procedure?
Kingo steals your IMEI and phone information while it roots. Some malware package is dropped onto your phone ( a long alpha numeric gibberish folder name with a dot in the begining to hide it). The folder is copied onto your phone's external SD card as well as onto your internal memory.This folder contains a .nomedia file sized 80 bytes, which is funny 'coz all nomedia files are 0 byte files. The file has some code stored in it, which is very suspicious. Avoid Kingo, vroot and all such Chinese fly-by night closed-source root methods that require an internet connection to root your phone.
Also read the last post in this thread for more information.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491457
PAST
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=3974&id7=2863
PRESENT
Xperia Z C 6603; Stock, LB, Root (101 F/W) (Son's)
Xperia Z C 6602; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Wife's)
Moto E XT1022; Stock (Mine)
Nexus 7 (2012); EHNDROIX-V, Root (Son's)
Dell Venue 7 (2013); Stock 4.3, Root (Ours).
Asus TF 101; ARHD, Root (Mom's)

FUTURE
Flip Phone?
KitKat Sucks! Stick with Jellybean!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Ninja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
alex_herrero
Old
(Last edited by alex_herrero; 5th April 2014 at 02:43 PM.)
#17  
alex_herrero's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 292
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Buenos Aires
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja View Post
Kingo steals your IMEI and phone information while it roots. Some malware package is dropped onto your phone ( a long alpha numeric gibberish folder name with a dot in the begining to hide it). The folder is copied onto your phone's external SD card as well as onto your internal memory.This folder contains a .nomedia file sized 80 bytes, which is funny 'coz all nomedia files are 0 byte files. The file has some code stored in it, which is very suspicious. Avoid Kingo, vroot and all such Chinese fly-by night closed-source root methods that require an internet connection to root your phone.
Also read the last post in this thread for more information.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491457
Ok, sounds enough arguments for at least try another method. By the time I was rooting my device (a couple of months ago), kingo was the only method I could get my unlocked bootloader phone to keep root after upgrading to latest firmware through OTA (it was .569 back then). If someone is willing to point me (while I look by myself) to the method you followed to get root on a .101 firmware with a locked bootloader (mine can't be unlocked, AFAIK) I'll be more than glad!

Thanks for your comments.

[ACTUAL SET] LG NEXUS 5, KITKAT 4.4.4 STOCK + GRAVITYBOX
[HISTORY] PALM OS:M500/M515/T3/TX/TREO680// SYMBIAN:N95/N97(NOKIA)
ANDROID:MILESTONE(MOTO), NEXUS ONE(HTC), ATRIX (MOTO), SGS2, GALAXY NOTE, SGS3 (SAMSUNG), ONE X (HTC), NEXUS 4 (LG), XPERIA ZL (SONY)
 
anagramgenius
Old
(Last edited by anagramgenius; 7th April 2014 at 05:23 PM.)
#18  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 285
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mysore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja View Post
Simple steps:
1. Downgrade to 4.2.2 (67 firmware) by flashing the ftf file of your region. Search the ZL thread to find your ROM on 67 fw.
2. Root the 67 firmware by bin4ry's method or cubeundcube method.
3. Make a TA backup using DevShaft's method. This is important for relocking your bootloader.
4. Upgrade to 101 using PCC or SUS. You will lose root. Make a ftf file of the update files that has been downloaded to your computer using flashtool.
5. Unlock bootloader from Sony. You will lose DRM.
6. Flash a custom kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78. This is a modified stock kernel with cwm recovery built-in.
7. Now download the latest 1.94 update super su.zip from chainfire's website. Store it in your ext micro SD card. Flash it to root your phone from the cwm recovery.
8. To get back to stock recovery, use the ftf file created at step 4 above. Flash only the kernel and fotakernel from the ftf file.
9. Now relock your bootloader by flashing the ta backup you made at step 3. Now your phone is rooted with locked bootloader on 101 firmware.
10. Enjoy!

I made a similar help thread for Sony Xperia Z here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656698.
Go though the thread except using the custom kernel in that thread. That kernel is Z specific. For the ZL use the advanced stock kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78 in the dev section. Link for kernel for ZL is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599619

Sent from one of my/our device/s
finally rooted. after rooting, i relocked bl using flashtool. it relocked but be2 didn't work. then i restored TA. now its working. and yeah, thanks for your tutorial
 
Sw33t_Lov3r
Old
#19  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 89
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lima
Cool Unlock Bootloader: NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja View Post
Simple steps:...
Thanks for your guide!
But, what if my device's bootloader is not unlockable? On its information says: NO (to unlock bootloader) =(

No root for me?

Will we get root for 4.4 anyway? Aren't our dear developers (like the good @DooMLoRD) interested in helping us anymore?

- L

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more