Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[SOLVED] how to root xperia zl c6502 10.4.1.B.0.101 locked bootloader?

OP anagramgenius

3rd April 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 149

440 posts
More
So hw can i backup my TA?
3rd April 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 449

1,405 posts
Simple steps:
1. Downgrade to 4.2.2 (67 firmware) by flashing the ftf file of your region. Search the ZL thread to find your ROM on 67 fw.
2. Root the 67 firmware by bin4ry's method or cubeundcube method.
3. Make a TA backup using DevShaft's method. This is important for relocking your bootloader.
4. Upgrade to 101 using PCC or SUS. You will lose root. Make a ftf file of the update files that has been downloaded to your computer using flashtool.
5. Unlock bootloader from Sony. You will lose DRM.
6. Flash a custom kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78. This is a modified stock kernel with cwm recovery built-in.
7. Now download the latest 1.94 update super su.zip from chainfire's website. Store it in your ext micro SD card. Flash it to root your phone from the cwm recovery.
8. To get back to stock recovery, use the ftf file created at step 4 above. Flash only the kernel and fotakernel from the ftf file.
9. Now relock your bootloader by flashing the ta backup you made at step 3. Now your phone is rooted with locked bootloader on 101 firmware.
10. Enjoy!

I made a similar help thread for Sony Xperia Z here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656698.
Go though the thread except using the custom kernel in that thread. That kernel is Z specific. For the ZL use the advanced stock kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78 in the dev section. Link for kernel for ZL is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599619

Sent from one of my/our device/s
Last edited by Cookie Ninja; 4th April 2014 at 07:17 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

440 posts
More
Yeah. I'll try
4th April 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

440 posts
More
Rooted now.
Last edited by anagramgenius; 19th June 2014 at 12:45 PM.
4th April 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #15  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 52

296 posts
More
I'm sorry, but isn't flashing 4.2.2 version (ftf .67), then rooting with kingo, then upgrading to .101 via OTA a much easier procedure?
5th April 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 449

1,405 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_herrero

I'm sorry, but isn't flashing 4.2.2 version (ftf .67), then rooting with kingo, then upgrading to .101 via OTA a much easier procedure?

Kingo steals your IMEI and phone information while it roots. Some malware package is dropped onto your phone ( a long alpha numeric gibberish folder name with a dot in the begining to hide it). The folder is copied onto your phone's external SD card as well as onto your internal memory.This folder contains a .nomedia file sized 80 bytes, which is funny 'coz all nomedia files are 0 byte files. The file has some code stored in it, which is very suspicious. Avoid Kingo, vroot and all such Chinese fly-by night closed-source root methods that require an internet connection to root your phone.
Also read the last post in this thread for more information.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491457
Last edited by Cookie Ninja; 5th April 2014 at 10:07 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #17  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 52

296 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Ninja

Kingo steals your IMEI and phone information while it roots. Some malware package is dropped onto your phone ( a long alpha numeric gibberish folder name with a dot in the begining to hide it). The folder is copied onto your phone's external SD card as well as onto your internal memory.This folder contains a .nomedia file sized 80 bytes, which is funny 'coz all nomedia files are 0 byte files. The file has some code stored in it, which is very suspicious. Avoid Kingo, vroot and all such Chinese fly-by night closed-source root methods that require an internet connection to root your phone.
Also read the last post in this thread for more information.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491457

Ok, sounds enough arguments for at least try another method. By the time I was rooting my device (a couple of months ago), kingo was the only method I could get my unlocked bootloader phone to keep root after upgrading to latest firmware through OTA (it was .569 back then). If someone is willing to point me (while I look by myself) to the method you followed to get root on a .101 firmware with a locked bootloader (mine can't be unlocked, AFAIK) I'll be more than glad!

Thanks for your comments.
Last edited by alex_herrero; 5th April 2014 at 03:43 PM.
5th April 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

440 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Simple steps:
1. Downgrade to 4.2.2 (67 firmware) by flashing the ftf file of your region. Search the ZL thread to find your ROM on 67 fw.
2. Root the 67 firmware by bin4ry's method or cubeundcube method.
3. Make a TA backup using DevShaft's method. This is important for relocking your bootloader.
4. Upgrade to 101 using PCC or SUS. You will lose root. Make a ftf file of the update files that has been downloaded to your computer using flashtool.
5. Unlock bootloader from Sony. You will lose DRM.
6. Flash a custom kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78. This is a modified stock kernel with cwm recovery built-in.
7. Now download the latest 1.94 update super su.zip from chainfire's website. Store it in your ext micro SD card. Flash it to root your phone from the cwm recovery.
8. To get back to stock recovery, use the ftf file created at step 4 above. Flash only the kernel and fotakernel from the ftf file.
9. Now relock your bootloader by flashing the ta backup you made at step 3. Now your phone is rooted with locked bootloader on 101 firmware.
10. Enjoy!

I made a similar help thread for Sony Xperia Z here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656698.
Go though the thread except using the custom kernel in that thread. That kernel is Z specific. For the ZL use the advanced stock kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78 in the dev section. Link for kernel for ZL is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599619

Sent from one of my/our device/s

finally rooted. after rooting, i relocked bl using flashtool. it relocked but be2 didn't work. then i restored TA. now its working. and yeah, thanks for your tutorial
Last edited by anagramgenius; 7th April 2014 at 06:23 PM.
7th April 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #19  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 6

89 posts
More
Cool Unlock Bootloader: NO
Quote:

Simple steps:...

Thanks for your guide!
But, what if my device's bootloader is not unlockable? On its information says: NO (to unlock bootloader) =(

No root for me?

Will we get root for 4.4 anyway? Aren't our dear developers (like the good @DooMLoRD) interested in helping us anymore?

- L

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread