Kingo steals your IMEI and phone information while it roots. Some malware package is dropped onto your phone ( a long alpha numeric gibberish folder name with a dot in the begining to hide it). The folder is copied onto your phone's external SD card as well as onto your internal memory.This folder contains a .nomedia file sized 80 bytes, which is funny 'coz all nomedia files are 0 byte files. The file has some code stored in it, which is very suspicious. Avoid Kingo, vroot and all such Chinese fly-by night closed-source root methods that require an internet connection to root your phone.
Also read the last post in this thread for more information.
1. Downgrade to 4.2.2 (67 firmware) by flashing the ftf file of your region. Search the ZL thread to find your ROM on 67 fw.
2. Root the 67 firmware by bin4ry's method or cubeundcube method.
3. Make a TA backup using DevShaft's method. This is important for relocking your bootloader.
4. Upgrade to 101 using PCC or SUS. You will lose root. Make a ftf file of the update files that has been downloaded to your computer using flashtool.
5. Unlock bootloader from Sony. You will lose DRM.
6. Flash a custom kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78. This is a modified stock kernel with cwm recovery built-in.
7. Now download the latest 1.94 update super su.zip from chainfire's website. Store it in your ext micro SD card. Flash it to root your phone from the cwm recovery.
8. To get back to stock recovery, use the ftf file created at step 4 above. Flash only the kernel and fotakernel from the ftf file.
9. Now relock your bootloader by flashing the ta backup you made at step 3. Now your phone is rooted with locked bootloader on 101 firmware.
I made a similar help thread for Sony Xperia Z here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656698.
Go though the thread except using the custom kernel in that thread. That kernel is Z specific. For the ZL use the advanced stock kernel by Doomlord or Gustavo RD78 in the dev section. Link for kernel for ZL is here:
Sent from one of my/our device/s
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|