Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen Blinking Problem (GT-N5110)

Tip us?

rena14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Unhappy [Q] Screen Blinking Problem (GT-N5110)

Later this night my tablet was working perfectly... I was charging the tablet that was with %1 of battery

Suddenly, the tablet turned off, and when I tryed to turn it back on, the screen started blinking, and I coulnd't even turn it on because it freezes every time i tryed to boot it...

I tryed restoring a Nandroid Backup, and it worked, for 10 seconds

The blinking started again, so I tried flashing a new ROM, maybe it could work, but no

I wiped the data, cache dalvik-cache, and formated system, but when I tried to choose the ROM, this message "Couldn't mount /sdcard" appeared

So, my last chance was to flash a firmware via Odin, but also, didnīt work

I enter into Download Mode, loaded the firmware, clicked start, and "FAIL" when writing "boot"

What I tried
_Stock firmware 4.1.2
_Stock firmware 4.2.2
_Odin 3.07
_Odin 3.09
_Windows 8
_Windows 8.1

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
ROM: CarbonROM 4.4.4
Kernel: Stock Kernel
Recovery: PhilZ Touch Edition
OverClock: 200 MHz-1600MHz
Governor: Ondemand

Projects that I'm working on:

Currently none...

Harjan112
Old
Thanks Meter 36
First what was the % of the battery??? Did you say one (1) ? Try charging it all the way till it says 100%

Second do you still have custom recovery? If so go to mounts and storage and see if it says unmount in front of the SD card ... if so hit that and it should turn to unmount... then try again to find your Rom.

Hoping this helps you

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Never flash or attempt to start a device under minimum power. That is rule number one!

Like the above answer, with the device off, plug in power and let it charge to 100%.

Start up recovery, and flash a backup ROM.

Not sure about windows 8. can't vouch for you there.

rena14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude View Post
Never flash or attempt to start a device under minimum power. That is rule number one!

Like the above answer, with the device off, plug in power and let it charge to 100%.

Start up recovery, and flash a backup ROM.

Not sure about windows 8. can't vouch for you there.
Sorry if didn't specified better...

When it got broken the battery was %0, and I don't know if itīs getting charged because the only things I can do es enter into Download Mode, or watch that message about a bad flashing.

And about the Recovery, it got lost when the flashing went wrong. Anyway something happened with the internal storage that "wasn't mount", when in "mounts and storage" menu appeared like mounted

You think that if I charge the tablet some hours, will I be able to flash through Odin?

Or maybe any other idea?

Currently none...

Harjan112
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rena14 View Post
You think that if I charge the tablet some hours, will I be able to flash through Odin?

Or maybe any other idea?
When the tablet is off and you plug in the charger there should a battery "popping" up and should tell you how many % of charge it has, just let it charge all the way to 100%

Once it is completely charged you should be able to flash via Odin.
But the internal storage is kind of worrisome to me, when you tried to flash you did not by accident have the re-partition checked? I hope.
Anyway wait till its completely charged and try flashing a Stock Rom again.

rena14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harjan112 View Post
When the tablet is off and you plug in the charger there should a battery "popping" up and should tell you how many % of charge it has, just let it charge all the way to 100%

Once it is completely charged you should be able to flash via Odin.
But the internal storage is kind of worrisome to me, when you tried to flash you did not by accident have the re-partition checked? I hope.
Anyway wait till its completely charged and try flashing a Stock Rom again.

The thing is that battery popping up doesn't appear... There's just a message telling me that the flashing went wrong...

Anyway, Iīm gonna rey letting it charge some houts and then try to flash again...

Thanks

Currently none...

Harjan112
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rena14 View Post
The thing is that battery popping up doesn't appear... There's just a message telling me that the flashing went wrong...
Try holding down the power button with the charger cable detached and see if that message disappears, it looks to me that the tablet is still on, if it does disappear plug your charge cable in and see what happens.

Tags
blink, galaxy, note, samsung, screen