Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black Display while Filming possible?

Tip us?

Samuel Sung
Old
(Last edited by Samuel Sung; 7th April 2014 at 03:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default Black Display while Filming possible?

Hi guys,

i really miss this feature to record videos undercover. And Today i found out i really need that in a robbery case. I got robbed 2 month ago. So i got to get a new note 3. It turns out that the guy lives right next to me. He will go into jail for at least 3 years without of probation if he's well known. And it seem like he is. He has to step back 500m from me. If i am lead into his way he has to turn and avoid contacting me....

Today he didn't i did not wanted to fight. so i kept my technology in my pockets and did not record this...He knows the gear and he would flip seeing me recording...but it was ideal he was walking behind me trying to provocate me...I was wearing heaphones, i knew it bit i couldn'T understood what he said. But he tried to push me over the edge. I laughed and walked home smiling...with a barking dog behind my ass..

So you guys think that is possible that someone of you guys could accomplish that? Ofcourse not the only case were it would be quite nice to record something...

thank you in advance for your opinions

cheers

X-Note build 18.0 N9005-NF4
The Following User Says Thank You to Samuel Sung For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WatermelonSlim
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Yes, this would be a great feature. I'm thinking it would be great to catch police brutality without them destroying your camera.

If the FBI is recording from our cameras without us knowing (and sharing it with local police), then we should be able to record them too, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to WatermelonSlim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xManMythLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I would assume rooting , rom, and trying a spy app ?....
I want this for mountain biking. Id be able to strap watch to handlebars and record longer than short clips without worrying about draining the battery.
Acer Iconia or Galaxy Tab 10.1 ?
My comparison
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post14801098
The Following User Says Thank You to xManMythLegend For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]