No registration required

Using ROMs from another carrier

OP UnhoIy

5th April 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124

337 posts
More
From my understanding, the newer D2LTE unified builds have support for all carriers, ATT, Verizon, Sprint, etc. But there are ROMs on the Verizon GS3 forums that are not posted here in the ATT GS3 forums that are classified as D2LTE. Even though they are not posted here, do they still have support for this carrier and should we be able to flash them on our ATT device since it is a unified ROM?

AICP (Android Ice Cold Project) being one example
7th April 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toledo Ohio
Thanks Meter: 55

992 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhoIy

From my understanding, the newer D2LTE unified builds have support for all carriers, ATT, Verizon, Sprint, etc. But there are ROMs on the Verizon GS3 forums that are not posted here in the ATT GS3 forums that are classified as D2LTE. Even though they are not posted here, do they still have support for this carrier and should we be able to flash them on our ATT device since it is a unified ROM?

AICP (Android Ice Cold Project) being one example

It depends on the developer.

Cyanogenmod states that d2lte covers d2att, d2vzw, etc etc. You'd have to check with them.

Other than that the main problem you would probably have is just network issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to vbetts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #3  
Flag Pensacola, FL
Thanks Meter: 60

316 posts
More
For future reference, you should always post the thread as it is easier for people to find it. I'll be posting it below in case anyone wants to visit the thread.
As far as I am aware, you are able to flash this ROM. It's a bit weird to see ROMs that are supported across multiple family of devices not being on other carrier specific forums, unless of course it doesn't support that carrier. I will mention that the CyanogenMod Wiki contains some good information about "D2LTE" here. Please remember that you will never be able to flash anything for the i9300 or the i9305 for now. Flashing those specific ROMs will cause your device to brick and possibly need a JTAG to fix it.

~~~~~

Anyways, I will mention this thread and see if the author wants to post it on here too.

Edit #1: The post can be found here.
Last edited by codemonkey98; 7th April 2014 at 11:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to codemonkey98 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread