5,594,805 Members 37,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OTA 65, not sure what to do...

Tip us?
 
TerryMathews
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 142
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Enon, OH

 
DONATE TO ME
Did anyone ever figure out how to flash OTA 65 on one of these? It acts like the paritions have been resized at some point during the OTAs but I can't find a good description of how the system partition needs to be adjusted to allow for flashing.
 
Neodreamer24
Old
#22  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 70
Join Date: Nov 2008
I have the same problems as starfriends and f2. Problem with memory when I tried to flash ota 64 or 65...please some body help us. Thanks

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2
 
trdpatrick
Old
#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 24
Join Date: Dec 2007
I'm having the same issue. Had to do the original fw and update via OTA but my kernel version is still at u64 even after the latest update.

Sent from my SHIELD using XDA Premium HD app
 
alex.mircea0509
Old
#24  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 77
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ploiesti
Default :)

I did it!

- downloaded 68 image from here: https://developer.nvidia.com/develop4shield
- extracted in ubuntu (you won't have permissions on your hard drives, first move the archive to Desktop, then run-it like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzSh7Lm0dYA ; If you still have trouble with permissions, chmod 777 and try again)
- tried fastboot flash system in windows but still got "insufficient memory"
- booted up ubuntu again, downloaded fastboot from their market place (just type in the search); copied the extracted images to desktop and flashed them from there. Only system, boot and recovery -> And my userdata is still here and okay (yeey ) flashing commands here: https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/d...ry-Image_1.txt
- then re-rooted from here https://github.com/linux-shield/shield-root and done

note that on my first boot it didn't mount my sdcard (they've changed the name of the mounting point to microsd..) . reboot and all okay!


that's all now I'm on 68

also note that I made a nandroid first! using the ol' attached recovery (I don't remember where I found it long time ago). do a fastboot boot recoveryshield.img and then note that the backup will be saved @ mnt/shell/emulated . You won't see it in explorers but it's there and it eats your space :P ...I cut it into an OTGusbdrive


good luck
Attached Files
File Type: img recoveryshield.img - [Click for QR Code] (7.51 MB, 3 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to alex.mircea0509 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
trdpatrick
Old
#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 24
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.mircea0509 View Post
I did it!

- downloaded 68 image from here: https://developer.nvidia.com/develop4shield
- extracted in ubuntu (you won't have permissions on your hard drives, first move the archive to Desktop, then run-it like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzSh7Lm0dYA ; If you still have trouble with permissions, chmod 777 and try again)
- tried fastboot flash system in windows but still got "insufficient memory"
- booted up ubuntu again, downloaded fastboot from their market place (just type in the search); copied the extracted images to desktop and flashed them from there. Only system, boot and recovery -> And my userdata is still here and okay (yeey ) flashing commands here: https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/d...ry-Image_1.txt
- then re-rooted from here https://github.com/linux-shield/shield-root and done

note that on my first boot it didn't mount my sdcard (they've changed the name of the mounting point to microsd..) . reboot and all okay!


that's all now I'm on 68

also note that I made a nandroid first! using the ol' attached recovery (I don't remember where I found it long time ago). do a fastboot boot recoveryshield.img and then note that the backup will be saved @ mnt/shell/emulated . You won't see it in explorers but it's there and it eats your space :P ...I cut it into an OTGusbdrive


good luck
I did these steps but my kernel version is still listed as

3.4.10-g13a7fc8
buildbrain@mobile-u54-442 #1
Thu Jan 16 22:55:57 PST 2014
 
alex.mircea0509
Old
#26  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 77
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ploiesti
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdpatrick View Post
I did these steps but my kernel version is still listed as

3.4.10-g13a7fc8
buildbrain@mobile-u54-442 #1
Thu Jan 16 22:55:57 PST 2014
and mine is the same. what is wrong?? you do realize that Jan 16 is newer than the roll out of OTA 67: Release date: 12/23/13 so it's the kernel for OTA 68, right?

I don't understand what do you think it's wrong... they may name their kernel whatever they want and also, OTA 67 and OTA 68 being optional updates doesn't necessarily imply that he kernel should be updated at all ...


on the plus side of updating from 64: mapping app has download community profiles ability now, which is awesome because generally they are better that the nvidia ones. Also mapping a looking by stick command is way improved.

a minus but not necessarily: mount points for internal storage and sdcard were completely changed so some apps need some tweaking (eg: mount folders or eshare via wifi)
The Following User Says Thank You to alex.mircea0509 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
trdpatrick
Old
#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 24
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.mircea0509 View Post
and mine is the same. what is wrong?? you do realize that Jan 16 is newer than the roll out of OTA 67: Release date: 12/23/13 so it's the kernel for OTA 68, right?

I don't understand what do you think it's wrong... they may name their kernel whatever they want and also, OTA 67 and OTA 68 being optional updates doesn't necessarily imply that he kernel should be updated at all ...


on the plus side of updating from 64: mapping app has download community profiles ability now, which is awesome because generally they are better that the nvidia ones. Also mapping a looking by stick command is way improved.

a minus but not necessarily: mount points for internal storage and sdcard were completely changed so some apps need some tweaking (eg: mount folders or eshare via wifi)
Ah ok I was under the impression that the number will change based on the OTA update version. In any case, thanks! Your guide helped me get past the "insufficient memory" error.
 
mudflap2.0
Old
#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 16
Join Date: Apr 2014
Smile ok, this is what worked for me

so all you need is kwonggers toolkit, and adb working, if you have cwm installed, then, just factory reset via there and wipe dalivic cache. next, you want to restore each individual img, 1,2,3, via the toolkit under restore, and reboot, shield should be on 4.2.2, just go to apps, scroll to all and clear data on google services framework, then go to about should, and take the update, over again for each update given.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes