Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,465 Members 37,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] uninstalling slimkat (cm11)

Tip us?

jh20
Old
(Last edited by jh20; 8th April 2014 at 03:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Default [Q] uninstalling slimkat (cm11)

Hi guys, need some help here. I'm sure this has been asked before but i just couldn't find any

Installed slimkat 20140406-0134 rom (cm11) last night and it's basically working. But I'm still not feeling comfortable using it as there's still bugs around. So thought of going back to cm7.2 for now. But for the life of me couldn't figure out how to get to the tool section so I can re-partition it back to ext3!!!

All I could get in to is twrp recovery and that's it. how do I even get into the bootmenu section where I can choose recovery, cpu settings, tools, etc? There's no red Moto logo with blue LED at boot up anymore

Is there any uninstall instruction somewhere, or perhaps someone should write one?
The Following User Says Thank You to jh20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jh20
Old
(Last edited by jh20; 7th April 2014 at 01:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
44 viewers but no reply

any idea if i can install some sort of apps to achieve the same end? like a wipe app to re-partition it to ext3, and then an older recovery to install cm7 rom, or restore my cm7 backup?

don't really want to just try and see what will happens. also trying to avoid flashing sbf and start from scratch.....

edit: will aromawiper work? reboot to twrp recovery 2.6.3.0, aromawipe to ext3 and then flash cm7.2 rom straight after? expert opinion and advice please.

edit 2: oh well, tried it and didn't work. might be because i didn't install an older, compatible recovery before i rebooted. stuck at red moto logo and had to flash sbf and start all over again......

case closed...........
The Following User Says Thank You to jh20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aperture
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh20 View Post
44 viewers but no reply

any idea if i can install some sort of apps to achieve the same end? like a wipe app to re-partition it to ext3, and then an older recovery to install cm7 rom, or restore my cm7 backup?

don't really want to just try and see what will happens. also trying to avoid flashing sbf and start from scratch.....

edit: will aromawiper work? reboot to twrp recovery 2.6.3.0, aromawipe to ext3 and then flash cm7.2 rom straight after? expert opinion and advice please.

edit 2: oh well, tried it and didn't work. might be because i didn't install an older, compatible recovery before i rebooted. stuck at red moto logo and had to flash sbf and start all over again......

case closed...........

you can flash cm10 to get the boot menu to format to ext3 then flash to cm7.2.
Thats what i did when i tested cm11.
The Following User Says Thank You to aperture For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hotdog125
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Or use Aroma wiper to format to ext3 and flash CM7.2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
If you need help, please post in the Q&A section of the appropriate forum. Search before asking

Defy+ MB526
The Following User Says Thank You to hotdog125 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jh20
Old
(Last edited by jh20; 8th April 2014 at 03:30 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperture View Post
you can flash cm10 to get the boot menu to format to ext3 then flash to cm7.2.
Thats what i did when i tested cm11.
thanks. i'll remember that next time. don't know why i didn't think of that. panic striken maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog125 View Post
Or use Aroma wiper to format to ext3 and flash CM7.2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
that's exactly what i did but didn't work. aromawiper seems to have worked properly but twrp 2.6.3.0 keep saying "no os installed" after i installed the gb rom and tried to reboot. tried maniac's cm7.2 and an older wiui gingerbread rom. i thought it might be a hickup and rebooted anyway and that was it.

don't know what went wrong there. has anyone actually tried this method before and got it to work?

edit: imho twrp is not worth it. it rebooted 8-10 times on me after installing cm11 and tried to get back into recovery to flash gapps. also other problems like blank backup files and my failures to install rom problem. they should have stuck to cwm until the problems are fixed.

edit 2: and i think removing bootmenu is not a good idea. more steps to take if you want to go back to cm7.2.