Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] uninstalling slimkat (cm11)

OP jh20

7th April 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Hi guys, need some help here. I'm sure this has been asked before but i just couldn't find any

Installed slimkat 20140406-0134 rom (cm11) last night and it's basically working. But I'm still not feeling comfortable using it as there's still bugs around. So thought of going back to cm7.2 for now. But for the life of me couldn't figure out how to get to the tool section so I can re-partition it back to ext3!!!

All I could get in to is twrp recovery and that's it. how do I even get into the bootmenu section where I can choose recovery, cpu settings, tools, etc? There's no red Moto logo with blue LED at boot up anymore

Is there any uninstall instruction somewhere, or perhaps someone should write one?
Last edited by jh20; 8th April 2014 at 04:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jh20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
44 viewers but no reply

any idea if i can install some sort of apps to achieve the same end? like a wipe app to re-partition it to ext3, and then an older recovery to install cm7 rom, or restore my cm7 backup?

don't really want to just try and see what will happens. also trying to avoid flashing sbf and start from scratch.....

edit: will aromawiper work? reboot to twrp recovery 2.6.3.0, aromawipe to ext3 and then flash cm7.2 rom straight after? expert opinion and advice please.

edit 2: oh well, tried it and didn't work. might be because i didn't install an older, compatible recovery before i rebooted. stuck at red moto logo and had to flash sbf and start all over again......

case closed...........
Last edited by jh20; 7th April 2014 at 02:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jh20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh20

44 viewers but no reply

any idea if i can install some sort of apps to achieve the same end? like a wipe app to re-partition it to ext3, and then an older recovery to install cm7 rom, or restore my cm7 backup?

don't really want to just try and see what will happens. also trying to avoid flashing sbf and start from scratch.....

edit: will aromawiper work? reboot to twrp recovery 2.6.3.0, aromawipe to ext3 and then flash cm7.2 rom straight after? expert opinion and advice please.

edit 2: oh well, tried it and didn't work. might be because i didn't install an older, compatible recovery before i rebooted. stuck at red moto logo and had to flash sbf and start all over again......

case closed...........


you can flash cm10 to get the boot menu to format to ext3 then flash to cm7.2.
Thats what i did when i tested cm11.
The Following User Says Thank You to aperture For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #4  
hotdog125's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 393
 
940 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Or use Aroma wiper to format to ext3 and flash CM7.2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hotdog125 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperture

you can flash cm10 to get the boot menu to format to ext3 then flash to cm7.2.
Thats what i did when i tested cm11.

thanks. i'll remember that next time. don't know why i didn't think of that. panic striken maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog125

Or use Aroma wiper to format to ext3 and flash CM7.2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

that's exactly what i did but didn't work. aromawiper seems to have worked properly but twrp 2.6.3.0 keep saying "no os installed" after i installed the gb rom and tried to reboot. tried maniac's cm7.2 and an older wiui gingerbread rom. i thought it might be a hickup and rebooted anyway and that was it.

don't know what went wrong there. has anyone actually tried this method before and got it to work?

edit: imho twrp is not worth it. it rebooted 8-10 times on me after installing cm11 and tried to get back into recovery to flash gapps. also other problems like blank backup files and my failures to install rom problem. they should have stuck to cwm until the problems are fixed.

edit 2: and i think removing bootmenu is not a good idea. more steps to take if you want to go back to cm7.2.
Last edited by jh20; 8th April 2014 at 04:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jh20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes