Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,545 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon GS3 4.3 - Questions on unlocking bootloader and installing ROM

Tip us?

shusuke028
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Verizon GS3 4.3 - Questions on unlocking bootloader and installing ROM

Ok, so, like the title says, I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 with 4.3 (Firmware VRUCML1). I already rooted it. And after trying to install a custom recovery without unlocking the bootloader, I had to use Odin to return to stock. And then, I bricked it after trying something else.

So my question is, what are the proper steps I should take (after rooting, since I already did that), to installing a ROM?

ImUnderTheBed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Get to stock than download safestrap and use safestrap to make a rom slot. Than you can install a TouchWiz 4.3 custom rom. Unfortunately if you are on stock 4.3 than that is your only option as you can not unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ImUnderTheBed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by shusuke028 View Post
Ok, so, like the title says, I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 with 4.3 (Firmware VRUCML1). I already rooted it. And after trying to install a custom recovery without unlocking the bootloader, I had to use Odin to return to stock. And then, I bricked it after trying something else.

So my question is, what are the proper steps I should take (after rooting, since I already did that), to installing a ROM?
Like ImUnderTheBed said, safestrap and 4.3 TW ROMs are your only option. Everything you need is pretty much covered in the OPs of these two threads:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575661

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639337
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shusuke028
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ahhh ok, so basically, find the safestrap apk for my phone, then I can just install a tw rom. is there a certain version of safestrap that works? Or just safestrap in general?

Also, so, since you said only TW roms, I'm assuming that roms like AISP and MIUI are out of the question. Or just Kit Kat roms in general?

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by shusuke028 View Post
Ahhh ok, so basically, find the safestrap apk for my phone, then I can just install a tw rom. is there a certain version of safestrap that works? Or just safestrap in general?

Also, so, since you said only TW roms, I'm assuming that roms like AISP and MIUI are out of the question. Or just Kit Kat roms in general?
There is a safestrap thread in the development section, use that one. Can't flash any AOSP ROMs, only 4.3 TW ROMs

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you