FORUMS

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Write Protection Removed! (YAY)

8th April 2014, 02:25 AM |#31  
dottat's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 2,338
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.martinus

I did the installation of the boot image and I'm stuck in Hboot, can't seem to get out. I reboot but I still go back to bootloader. I go to recovery TWRP and do a reboot from there but go back into bootloader. Any ideas how to get out of Hboot? Thanks

Do you have the command prompt output you can paste here?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
 
 
8th April 2014, 02:36 AM |#32  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

Do you have the command prompt output you can paste here?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I'm kinda new at this. Can you walk me through. I can connect to my pc and use the fastboot and adb command.
8th April 2014, 02:38 AM |#33  
dottat's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 2,338
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.martinus

Thanks for your reply. I'm kinda new at this. Can you walk me through. I can connect to my pc and use the fastboot and adb command.

You installed the boot via fastboot commands right ? Can you cut copy and paste what it showed while you ran that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 03:22 AM |#34  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

You installed the boot via fastboot commands right ? Can you cut copy and paste what it showed while you ran that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This is what I copied :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash boot C:\Users\Sec
urity\Desktop\Jeremy\M8VZWbootInsecure.img
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'boot' (16384 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.639s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.706s]
finished. total time: 2.349s
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.martinus

This is what I copied :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash boot C:\Users\Sec
urity\Desktop\Jeremy\M8VZWbootInsecure.img
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'boot' (16384 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.639s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.706s]
finished. total time: 2.349s
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>


Do you think I can use a custom ROM and install it through TWRP?

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

I think that I might have flashed the wrong file as I'm using an international version of the M8. What can I do to restore the previous boot image?
8th April 2014, 03:46 AM |#35  
dottat's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 2,338
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.martinus

This is what I copied :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash boot C:\Users\Sec
urity\Desktop\Jeremy\M8VZWbootInsecure.img
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'boot' (16384 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.639s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.706s]
finished. total time: 2.349s
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------




Do you think I can use a custom ROM and install it through TWRP?

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

I think that I might have flashed the wrong file as I'm using an international version of the M8. What can I do to restore the previous boot image?

Same method. Find the stock kernel for the int version and flash it the same way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes