Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New Note 3 very glitchy ... is this common?

OP Max_Pain

6th April 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, Fl
Thanks Meter: 352

1,925 posts
Well, I went on a stock deodexed rom and got on lean kernel for a while... but it's still doing the stuck-and-reboot thing. It's always related to the touch screen, so i'm either scrolling or clicking to open an app or settings within an app. The phone gets momentarily stuck, then full reboot.

How long do I have to get it exchanged in store? I wonder if i'm within that time frame. It's definitely not normal and getting very annoying.

If i'm outside the time to get exchanged in store, what's my next best option?

I have to say that this experience with the Note III has been nothing short of disappointing and nothing like the two Note IIs I had before (different carriers for each, neither broke or gave any problems).
8th April 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, Fl
Thanks Meter: 352

1,925 posts
Here's an update for anyone who finds this and is in the same boat.

I had two issues: 1) the power button became so recessed that it's a hassle to turn on/off the screen, 2) the phone kept turning on and off, by the end almost constantly, without any obvious pattern beyond it getting stuck after me touching the screen (i.e. never just up and turned off while being idle).

Because of the recessed power button, T-Mobile shipped me a replacement phone. Should arrive tomorrow.

I still tried troubleshooting the rebooting issue. I think it came down to one or a couple of the following:
1 - Go Weather EX
2 - Freeza's CRT mod
3 - flashable 1% battery mod
4 - bootanimation.zip support flashable script
5 - something in the Deodexed version of the stock KitKat rom

In prepping to take the phone to T-Mobile, I did the return to stock thing with Odin, putting back stock kitkat odex non-rooted rom. The entire afternoon I got not a single reboot. Since I came back home with the phone, I restored a backup I had made before doing the Odin stuff. Back to rebooting.

So I thought, let's go back to the stock experience like I had earlier, and restore my apps through the play store and manually hunt it down.
Now i'm running the stock odexed kitkat rom, rooted, with lean kernel, with a whole bunch of stock apps frozen, and virtually all my apps and not a problem. I avoided 2-4 since those mess with the framework and I thought it could have something to do with it. I removed Go Weather EX because I experienced a reboot once while setting it up as a live wallpaper.

When the new phone arrives tomorrow I'll try to duplicate my current setup and hopefully won't have any more rebooting issues. I hope this helps anyone experiencing the same thing. I know it's kinda convoluted and not very concise, but then again this experience has been nothing short of annoying and confusing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread