Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NOTE 3 FAILED ROOT. How to fix?

Tip us?

soony45
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] NOTE 3 FAILED ROOT. How to fix?

Ok guys, been using these forums to root phones for a while now. First phone i did was my att s3. hit a few bumps but overall it was a piece of cake. have done several different s3s and a tmobile note 3 with ease. Tried to root my sisters note 3 sprint (SM-N900P) today, and of course, i am having some issues.

I started out by trying to use the cf auto root for the phone in question, and then i get could not do normal boot. so i restart and it just boots into the same screen. I have tried reflashing stock firmware, but it fails everytime fused 2 binary 1. So then i flashed the pit file, which succeeded in letting me turn the phone back on lol, but i still cant use stock recovery anymore. also, if i try to reflash custom firmware now, i get firmware update encountered an issues screen, so i have to take the battery out for a few seconds and put it back in to get the phone to be able to restart.

SO.... I guess my questions are, what exactly went wrong? how do i fix stock recovery if nothing else? and is there a way to unlock this phone without rooting if i cant root after all? because my sister doesnt really care about custom roms, she just needs to be able to use a different carrier.

COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS BELOW PLEASE

any help is greatly appreciated.

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by soony45 View Post
Ok guys, been using these forums to root phones for a while now. First phone i did was my att s3. hit a few bumps but overall it was a piece of cake. have done several different s3s and a tmobile note 3 with ease. Tried to root my sisters note 3 sprint (SM-N900P) today, and of course, i am having some issues.

I started out by trying to use the cf auto root for the phone in question, and then i get could not do normal boot. so i restart and it just boots into the same screen. I have tried reflashing stock firmware, but it fails everytime fused 2 binary 1. So then i flashed the pit file, which succeeded in letting me turn the phone back on lol, but i still cant use stock recovery anymore. also, if i try to reflash custom firmware now, i get firmware update encountered an issues screen, so i have to take the battery out for a few seconds and put it back in to get the phone to be able to restart.

SO.... I guess my questions are, what exactly went wrong? how do i fix stock recovery if nothing else? and is there a way to unlock this phone without rooting if i cant root after all? because my sister doesnt really care about custom roms, she just needs to be able to use a different carrier.

COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS BELOW PLEASE

any help is greatly appreciated.
And you haven't said anything to us but you don't know how to read .... You haven't said what you flashed and with what Odin etc ... you have given nothing to help fix your problem and there is no unlock besides sprint doing it or you would have READ that too

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

soony45
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post
And you haven't said anything to us but you don't know how to read .... You haven't said what you flashed and with what Odin etc ... you have given nothing to help fix your problem and there is no unlock besides sprint doing it or you would have READ that too

Well, I fixed it anyway so it doesn't matter. Now trying to install custom recovery, but had issues with that. Guess cwm is not working for this phone correctly. So only way to unlock is pay sprint? And thanks soooo much for your helpful attitude

scoobmd
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by soony45 View Post
Well, I fixed it anyway so it doesn't matter. Now trying to install custom recovery, but had issues with that. Guess cwm is not working for this phone correctly. So only way to unlock is pay sprint? And thanks soooo much for your helpful attitude
It amazes me that some people cannot just read a post and move on if they have nothing helpful to say but instead take the time out of their busy lives to slam someone.

You should feel honored.