Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help in porting ROM

Tip us?

Tarun93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Prompt help in porting ROM

hi guys m a utter noob about porting n this is the first time i will try doing it i have rooted phones flashed custom ROMs etc etc
now i got a new Xolo Q700s i wanna port Cherry mobile Fuze ROM on it can i do it ? the oonly difference is the front cam and the battery both have same MT6582M 1GB RAM 8 MP camera screen res and another thing is i cant get the stock rom for Q700S anyway online can someone point me a way where i can get the system boot recovery etc .img files ???

Tarun93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
BUMP!!!!!!!

Sithu Htun
Old
(Last edited by Sithu Htun; 22nd March 2014 at 09:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun93 View Post
hi guys m a utter noob about porting n this is the first time i will try doing it i have rooted phones flashed custom ROMs etc etc
now i got a new Xolo Q700s i wanna port Cherry mobile Fuze ROM on it can i do it ? the oonly difference is the front cam and the battery both have same MT6582M 1GB RAM 8 MP camera screen res and another thing is i cant get the stock rom for Q700S anyway online can someone point me a way where i can get the system boot recovery etc .img files ???
Without the stock rom, it is so risky to test custom roms, almost impossible.
But if you can flash TWRP or CWM, you can backup your stock rom to restore everytime you fail.
I suggest you to find the custom recovery first.
Use this Mobile Uncle Tools (MTK tools) to flash custom recovery, the most easy way to flash recovery for MTK devices. If you want to know how to use it, go to www.kokoandroid.weebly.com and follow the step 2,3 and 5.
Good Luck in porting rom.

Tarun93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithu Htun View Post
Without the stock rom, it is so risky to test custom roms, almost impossible.
But if you can flash TWRP or CWM, you can backup your stock rom to restore everytime you fail.
I suggest you to find the custom recovery first.
Use this Mobile Uncle Tools (MTK tools) to flash custom recovery, the most easy way to flash recovery for MTK devices. If you want to know how to use it, go to www.kokoandroid.weebly.com and follow the step 2,3 and 5.
Good Luck in porting rom.
could not find cwm for my phone so did a self mod and got CWM working in the q700s made a backup of my Stock rom which can be flashed with sp flasher n not i m off for porting thanx for the help anyways

capc1989
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun93 View Post
could not find cwm for my phone so did a self mod and got CWM working in the q700s made a backup of my Stock rom which can be flashed with sp flasher n not i m off for porting thanx for the help anyways
Please Help!

After trying to do a partition on my Cherry Mobile Thunder ( a.k.a. MicromaxA91) (2GB of 4GB internal), then I tried to restore factory settings to complete the partition, when It restarted It got stuck in the bootlogo, I got it bricked, Tried to flash my stock rom with TWRP, it failed, Cleared Cache - Failed, Cleared Dalvik Cache Wipe - Failed, tried to Reboot & Restore Factory Settings - still Fails and Prompts " No OS Found, Continue Reboot?" then asks for installing SU, FAILED, Tried to Flash it with ADB - but just pompts "waiting for device" I'm running out of options PLEASE HELP!

Tarun93
Old
(Last edited by Tarun93; 5th April 2014 at 11:08 PM.) Reason: wrong link posted bymistake
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by capc1989 View Post
Please Help!

After trying to do a partition on my Cherry Mobile Thunder ( a.k.a. MicromaxA91) (2GB of 4GB internal), then I tried to restore factory settings to complete the partition, when It restarted It got stuck in the bootlogo, I got it bricked, Tried to flash my stock rom with TWRP, it failed, Cleared Cache - Failed, Cleared Dalvik Cache Wipe - Failed, tried to Reboot & Restore Factory Settings - still Fails and Prompts " No OS Found, Continue Reboot?" then asks for installing SU, FAILED, Tried to Flash it with ADB - but just pompts "waiting for device" I'm running out of options PLEASE HELP!

download sp flash tool from HERE

download the stock rom for your phone which can be flashed via sp flash tools

for more info here a link that might help you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982587

hope that helped pal
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarun93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

capc1989
Old
Thanks Meter 0
\I didn't work it, what should I do??