Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] BRICKED Allwinner A31 - Touchlet X10 unable to get into flash mode. CWM recovery

Tip us?

hcsongor
Old
(Last edited by hcsongor; 6th April 2014 at 06:45 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] BRICKED Allwinner A31 - Touchlet X10 unable to get into flash mode. CWM recovery

Hello!
First of all, sorry for my poor english knowledge. I try to describe my problem clearly.
I recently bought a Pearl Touchlet X10 quad core (PX-8880-675) tablet, but it was full of mods and when i plugged in the charger i received the "plugged in, not charging" message. So i started to clean up the ROM. Finally it showed charging, but now i really messed it up, beacuse now it is not booting. The tablet was not factory software, another tablet software on it that has a volume rocker. To start the flash mode i need the volume up button, but this version of tablet does not have this button. I tried the home button version, but it is not working because of the different firmware.

Here's the thing:
The tablet always starts recovery mode, no screen, but adb working. When i type "ls /dev/block" in ADB shell it shows loop0-loop7 and nandf, so it is not seeing the nand
I have seen other forums that when I type "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/nanda" it will erase the nand, and the tablet is force booting into fel mode (flash mode), but it not erasing beacuse the recovery is not for this tablet and it not seeing the nand.
My question is: Can I do something or have an expensive paperweight?

Thanks for the answers, whatever little thing can help me!

hcsongor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update: nand.ko is from different tab?

Update: I think the nand kernel module is loaded (lsmod shows it), but it is not for this tablet. I pull out the nand.ko from the tablet and the size is different than the original what i extracted from the firmware image. It is possible to replace the nand.ko and then reload it without rebooting? Because if i overwrite it, it overwrites only the ramdisk, and after reboot it disappears.

hcsongor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No one?