Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Easy fix for u guys, too complicated for me. PLEASE HELP, I'm here waiting 4 U

OP JustRootDontCustomRomIt

8th April 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

I think you could be in android 4.2.2 still if you want... or u prefer flash latest android 4.4.2?

YEA. yes sir. I need kitkat. But I've been googling and there is no kitkat firmware download for the sprint i9505. whats going on?
8th April 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #12  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 644
 
2,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRootDontCustomRomIt

YEA. yes sir. I need kitkat. But I've been googling and there is no kitkat firmware download for the sprint i9505. whats going on?

  1. Go to recovery Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons) and wipe data/factory reset (pic 1)
  2. Register/Sig in in this page: http://www.sammobile.com
  3. Download this FIRMWARE and extract (unzip) the firmware file
  4. Open Odin
  5. Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons. Volume up next)
  6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
  7. Add the firmware file to AP / PDA (only file named .tar or .md5)
  8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
  9. Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes (pic 2)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recovery-mode-galaxy-s4.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	2674518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fix-bricked-T-Mobile-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-SGH-T999-with-Odin-580x426.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	2674522  
Last edited by Joku1981; 8th April 2014 at 08:32 AM.
8th April 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

  1. Go to recovery Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons) and wipe data/factory reset (pic 1)
  2. Sig in in this page: http://www.sammobile.com
  3. Download this FIRMWARE and extract (unzip) the firmware file
  4. Open Odin
  5. Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons. Volume up next)
  6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
  7. Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
  8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
  9. Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes (pic 2)

I guess you have to be registered to find the sprint firmware. But hey I'm going to get to this and see if it goes smooth. Don't forget about me, It's gonna be a while until I download this firmware.i love you bro.
8th April 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #14  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 644
 
2,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRootDontCustomRomIt

I guess you have to be registered to find the sprint firmware. But hey I'm going to get to this and see if it goes smooth. Don't forget about me, It's gonna be a while until I download this firmware.i love you bro.

When u will be logged in the webpage only click the link in the step 3 and it go directly, only u have to press DOWNLOAD button and wait
8th April 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

When u will be logged in the webpage only click the link in the step 3 and it go directly, only u have to press DOWNLOAD button and wait

50 mins to go....i might see u tommorrow because ill have to sleep in about 2 hrs. my friend, your help is an A+
8th April 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

When u will be logged in the webpage only click the link in the step 3 and it go directly, only u have to press DOWNLOAD button and wait

We did it my friend!!! We're on KitKat!

Okay, now. I just need to root the phone and that's it!

Do you think my baseband version is up to date for rooting? or my kernal version?

Baseband: L720VPUFNAE
Kernal: 3.4.0-481102 (jan 28

am i ready to root?
8th April 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #17  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRootDontCustomRomIt

We did it my friend!!! We're on KitKat!

Okay, now. I just need to root the phone and that's it!

Do you think my baseband version is up to date for rooting? or my kernal version?

Baseband: L720VPUFNAE
Kernal: 3.4.0-481102 (jan 28

am i ready to root?

Can I follow this guide? http://dottech.org/152151/how-to-roo...-sprint-guide/
His model is L720TVPUBNAF but mine is L720VPUFNAE...Can I still follow his guide?
8th April 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #18  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 644
 
2,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRootDontCustomRomIt

Can I follow this guide? http://dottech.org/152151/how-to-roo...-sprint-guide/
His model is L720TVPUBNAF but mine is L720VPUFNAE...Can I still follow his guide?

Yeah, you can follow this guide relaxed.
Last edited by Joku1981; 8th April 2014 at 10:31 AM.
8th April 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #19  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

When u will be logged in the webpage only click the link in the step 3 and it go directly, only u have to press DOWNLOAD button and wait

I couldn't wait anymore and i did it. WE ARE ROOTED and on KitKat.

I would just like to say that you can fool me once, but you wont fool me twice. Good ridance cyanogenmod and every other unofficial firmware. I will NEVER use unofficial firmware nor will I EVER recommend it.

I am JustRootDontCustomRomIt, and as my farewell to XDA (you're all great), Dont use unofficial Roms, Just Root. Peace.
8th April 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #20  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 644
 
2,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRootDontCustomRomIt

I couldn't wait anymore and i did it. WE ARE ROOTED and on KitKat.

I would just like to say that you can fool me once, but you wont fool me twice. Good ridance cyanogenmod and every other unofficial firmware. I will NEVER use unofficial firmware nor will I EVER recommend it.

I am JustRootDontCustomRomIt, and as my farewell to XDA (you're all great), Dont use unofficial Roms, Just Root. Peace.

Congratulations
Last edited by Joku1981; 8th April 2014 at 10:33 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes