How To Update N9005 Bootloader?

Search This thread

slackerz_86

Sep 15, 2008
Singapore
Hey guys, my n9005 is NC2. But my bootloader is NB1. any idea how to update it to NC2?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Hey guys, my n9005 is NC2. But my bootloader is NB1. any idea how to update it to NC2?

Download the bootloader and flash in odin or download the whole stock FW and flash in odin.. Its not rocket science.. :p

Nb1 bootloader is 4.4.2. Why u need to upgrade to nc2 bootloader?

Sent from N7105, DN3 with AGNi kernel. :)

Many ppl like to be updated. I used to but since sapple started all their "crapple" ways i stopped updating stuff.. However i was having ALOT of issues with KK so yesterday i updated my modem/bl and then flashed the latest xnote, the problems seem to have been fixed.......For now :silly: :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: antique_sonic

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Becoz my firmware is NC2?? LOL!!! :D

You don't HAVE to. I used the very first bootloader on every single FW on JB and had zero issues.

But i can't seem to find NC2 XSP bootloader file. Anywhere i can get it?

Look in this rom's thread. The dev has posted bootloaders in the OP.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649176

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Mate, fooling around with the bootloader is an easy way to get a brick...
If it works now, why would you want to play around with something that might completely screw up your toy?

slackerz_86

Sep 15, 2008
Singapore
If it works now, why would you want to play around with something that might completely screw up your toy?

Well, o thought i can keep my device update on par. The firmware, the modem and bootloader. My firmware and modem are updated to NC2. but my bootloader is still stuck to NB1. And well i believe so that if i'm on the same version which is 4.4.2, there will be hardly a brick. Correct me if i'm wrong.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Well, o thought i can keep my device update on par. The firmware, the modem and bootloader. My firmware and modem are updated to NC2. but my bootloader is still stuck to NB1. And well i believe so that if i'm on the same version which is 4.4.2, there will be hardly a brick. Correct me if i'm wrong.

If anything goes wrong with a bootloader flash the chance of a recoverable device are in the toilet...
Roms are generally fairly easy to reflash and so to can be recoveries if something goes wrong.
Bootloaders are the 1 thing you don't play with if you don't need to....
Who cares what the bootloader is anyway, as long as the device works which is why you needed to flash them to use Kitkat....
If you decide to go through with updating the bootloader then make DAMN sure the flash file isn't corrupt or you have any problems with the flash. Should be quick but truly those few seconds are a heart stopper, especially if it comes up fail in ODIN....
I have a lovely Samsung galaxy tab 7" paperweight to attest to this....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download the bootloader and flash in odin or download the whole stock FW and flash in odin.. Its not rocket science.. :p

Many ppl like to be updated. I used to but since sapple started all their "crapple" ways i stopped updating stuff.. However i was having ALOT of issues with KK so yesterday i updated my modem/bl and then flashed the latest xnote, the problems seem to have been fixed.......For now :silly: :fingers-crossed:
    Becoz my firmware is NC2?? LOL!!! :D

You don't HAVE to. I used the very first bootloader on every single FW on JB and had zero issues.

But i can't seem to find NC2 XSP bootloader file. Anywhere i can get it?

Look in this rom's thread. The dev has posted bootloaders in the OP.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649176

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

If anything goes wrong with a bootloader flash the chance of a recoverable device are in the toilet...
    Roms are generally fairly easy to reflash and so to can be recoveries if something goes wrong.
    Bootloaders are the 1 thing you don't play with if you don't need to....
    Who cares what the bootloader is anyway, as long as the device works which is why you needed to flash them to use Kitkat....
    If you decide to go through with updating the bootloader then make DAMN sure the flash file isn't corrupt or you have any problems with the flash. Should be quick but truly those few seconds are a heart stopper, especially if it comes up fail in ODIN....
    I have a lovely Samsung galaxy tab 7" paperweight to attest to this....