Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] Stock, rooted KF2 stuck on animated boot logo after battery ran out

OP RobertSW19

6th April 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi Everyone

As a new user here, thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

I've got a KF2, running 10.4.1 (I think, or maybe 10.4.3) - it's rooted, but generally stock apart from that (no TWRP).

It was left with something playing and the battery ran down to nothing yesterday. Initially it would charge, sometimes with the red light on and sometimes not, but then it would start up and as soon as it got to the lock screen it would give a low battery noise and shut down.

After leaving it plugged in overnight it is now charged but it is getting stuck on the animated kindle fire boot logo.

If I plug it into my PC it is detected in windows and I can connect to it with ADB with no obvious errors on logcat. Easy options like clearing the dalvik cache don't fix anything (only AmazonPlatform and atlasframework get recreated in the dalvik cache before it sets into doing nothing).

Searching the forum here, there are lots of different avenues discussed for "stuck at boot logo" problems - I'd appreciate some pointers on the most sensible things to try.

Thanks
6th April 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try a system restore with kindle fire first aid.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 9

32 posts
More
Hello, it seems that you face the same issue as I met last week with KF2 that I got for free. The KF2 got a boot problem after a low bat event and nobody was able to get him back. I seems thats the same issue. While I wasn't able to establish adb i used fastboot with a homebuild factory cable. (Forget KFfirst aid) Take a look on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698935 - After formating cash and userdata user let him charging for a while on the pc usb port. Next day he returned booting showing a untouched KF2 with factory setup. Rootet him and gave him a CM11. Grate tablet for free. Take care, after formating cash and user he doesn't came back imidiatly Let him for some hours in the fastboot screen blinking his green led on screen. Next day he came back booting. My suspicion is a sw bug regarding low battery events. After cash and userdata format he need to develop valid boot conditions regarding the battery or other stuff. Who knows... But after the procedure he came back without further flaws.

Send via Tapatalk - HW: Kindl HD 8.9 - SW: Android 4.4.2 KitKat < CM 11.0 HC mod.
7th April 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thanks for the assistance guys. Sorry for not coming back sooner - I couldn't get my password to work this morning!

I tried restoring to 10.2.3 using KF first aide - after sitting in fastboot for ages downloading the images it flashed ok and then went back to the empty battery screen after it restarted. It stayed like that for so long I thought it was still broken, but eventually it booted back into the kindle launcher.

As I was going from 10.4 back to 10.2.3 I wiped the cache and userdata. Used ADB to get as much data off it as I could first - could I have safely used any of the KF first aide backups on it first?

One weird bit - I've rooted using bin4ry/qemu and used KF First Aide to disable OTA and install google play, maps etc, and now location services don't seem to work any more. Maps, Chrome, Silk, BBC Weather - they all give the location icon in the notification bar but then can't get a location fix.
7th April 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is why I don't use Amazon os... Seems like small things like this happen because we either forget to put something on the device that is needed or the os just breaks something like this out of nowhere. In my opinion its easier to avoid these kinda problems altogether by flashing cm but that's just my take, if you want amazon os then keep it. That sounded grouchier than I intended.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #6  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 9

32 posts
More
Stunts513, yes, AOS stucks out of nothing and your gone. On that way a got a kindle for free that entered in a boot loop after a low bat event and even USB recovery doesn't worked worked out by failing and access. Only fastboot and a CM makes that tablet working for real

Send from HTC Sensation - Android 4.4.3 - CM11 - Kitkat
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread