Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where to buy a new screen in the UK

Tip us?

freddy0000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Where to buy a new screen in the UK

Anyone know where I can buy a new screen for this phone in the UK was looking at a few on eBay but heard there all fake

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy0000 View Post
Anyone know where I can buy a new screen for this phone in the UK was looking at a few on eBay but heard there all fake
Please don't even attempt to change the screen yourself. Give the phone to HTC, they'll repair it. They'll charge, but its much better than trying to do it yourself

moha_moha20106
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
Please don't even attempt to change the screen yourself. Give the phone to HTC, they'll repair it. They'll charge, but its much better than trying to do it yourself
Right , and i suggest this way too
Hit Thanks if i helped you

My page : Service Manuals

freddy0000
Old
(Last edited by freddy0000; 8th April 2014 at 02:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
I can't send it back as it as no screen on it at all the person I bought it off as all ready attempted to open it and when I had a look the cables were broke. I only got it cheap so I thought I would have a try at fixing it my self. You can see where they have tried to force it open and when i got the screen off one of the cables was snapped

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy0000 View Post
I can't send it back as it as no screen on it at all the person I bought it off as all ready attempted to open it and when I had a look the cables were broke. I only got it cheap so I thought I would have a try at fixing it my self. You can see where they have tried to force it open and when i got the screen off one of the cables was snapped
Hmmm, I think HTC will just charge extra because the phone has been opened. But I don't think they will deny repairing it. See if they are willing to do it

freddy0000
Old
(Last edited by freddy0000; 15th April 2014 at 03:01 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Hmmm, I think HTC will just charge extra because the phone has been opened. But I don't think they will deny repairing it. See if they are willing to do it
I have just done that but the best they could tell me was send it in and wait for a quote and either send it back unrepaired for 27 or to dispose the device free of charge. Just dont know if its worth it though as i remember a few years ago sending my sensation in and because the screen had a little crack in it they wanted 200 just to fix the screen

Thanks replaced the screen and working great so far