Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Oppo Find 7 subsidized on Sprint?

OP S1lv3r_DrAg0n

20th March 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
is there any chance of the Find 7 being on Sprint? If so, will it be subsidized? I know for sure my parents won't be willing to let me buy the phone subsidized. Thanks!
20th March 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 774

2,943 posts
I would confidently say no. They haven't seem to be breaking that much into American market and it would be a big step, but even if they did it probably would be for aGSM carrier first.

sent via tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to eksasol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #3  
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 217

1,112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1lv3r_DrAg0n

is there any chance of the Find 7 being on Sprint? If so, will it be subsidized? I know for sure my parents won't be willing to let me buy the phone subsidized. Thanks!

No,the Find 7 is a GSM device and will not work on Sprints CDMA network. Same for Verizon. It'll work on AT & T and T Mobile though, and seems to have Verizon's LTE band,if you have good coverage with that.
OPPO sell their phones unsubsidized on their site and Amazon,no carrier agreements. Works great on AT&T strait talk unlimited.
The Following User Says Thank You to Allanitomwesh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #4  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,821

13,533 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanitomwesh

No,the Find 7 is a GSM device and will not work on Sprints CDMA network. Same for Verizon. It'll work on AT & T and T Mobile though, and seems to have Verizon's LTE band,if you have good coverage with that.
OPPO sell their phones unsubsidized on their site and Amazon,no carrier agreements. Works great on AT&T strait talk unlimited.

Yup. There's plenty of math that supports an unsubsidized device on Straight Talk being FAR cheaper by the end of your 2-year contract than any subsidized device on AT&T.

In general, an AT&T contract subsidy is usually about $200-300 discount.

The cost premium of an AT&T plan over a Straight Talk one is usually on the order of $25/month

$25/month times 24 months (well, let's just say 18 since that's when most AT&T customers are eligible for early upgrade...): $450
22nd March 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #5  
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 217

1,112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Yup. There's plenty of math that supports an unsubsidized device on Straight Talk being FAR cheaper by the end of your 2-year contract than any subsidized device on AT&T.

In general, an AT&T contract subsidy is usually about $200-300 discount.

The cost premium of an AT&T plan over a Straight Talk one is usually on the order of $25/month

$25/month times 24 months (well, let's just say 18 since that's when most AT&T customers are eligible for early upgrade...): $450

And f course on straight talk you can upgrade any time you want without charges.
8th April 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #6  
Flag Burlington
Thanks Meter: 204

856 posts
More
Since it will work on AT&T, does that mean it will work on all major Canadian carriers? Lte included?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread