Post Reply

[Q] Oppo Find 7 subsidized on Sprint?

19th March 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
is there any chance of the Find 7 being on Sprint? If so, will it be subsidized? I know for sure my parents won't be willing to let me buy the phone subsidized. Thanks!
20th March 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 715
 
2,842 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
I would confidently say no. They haven't seem to be breaking that much into American market and it would be a big step, but even if they did it probably would be for aGSM carrier first.

sent via tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to eksasol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #3  
Allanitomwesh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 217
 
1,107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1lv3r_DrAg0n

is there any chance of the Find 7 being on Sprint? If so, will it be subsidized? I know for sure my parents won't be willing to let me buy the phone subsidized. Thanks!

No,the Find 7 is a GSM device and will not work on Sprints CDMA network. Same for Verizon. It'll work on AT & T and T Mobile though, and seems to have Verizon's LTE band,if you have good coverage with that.
OPPO sell their phones unsubsidized on their site and Amazon,no carrier agreements. Works great on AT&T strait talk unlimited.
The Following User Says Thank You to Allanitomwesh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #4  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,414
 
13,305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanitomwesh

No,the Find 7 is a GSM device and will not work on Sprints CDMA network. Same for Verizon. It'll work on AT & T and T Mobile though, and seems to have Verizon's LTE band,if you have good coverage with that.
OPPO sell their phones unsubsidized on their site and Amazon,no carrier agreements. Works great on AT&T strait talk unlimited.

Yup. There's plenty of math that supports an unsubsidized device on Straight Talk being FAR cheaper by the end of your 2-year contract than any subsidized device on AT&T.

In general, an AT&T contract subsidy is usually about $200-300 discount.

The cost premium of an AT&T plan over a Straight Talk one is usually on the order of $25/month

$25/month times 24 months (well, let's just say 18 since that's when most AT&T customers are eligible for early upgrade...): $450
22nd March 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #5  
Allanitomwesh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 217
 
1,107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Yup. There's plenty of math that supports an unsubsidized device on Straight Talk being FAR cheaper by the end of your 2-year contract than any subsidized device on AT&T.

In general, an AT&T contract subsidy is usually about $200-300 discount.

The cost premium of an AT&T plan over a Straight Talk one is usually on the order of $25/month

$25/month times 24 months (well, let's just say 18 since that's when most AT&T customers are eligible for early upgrade...): $450

And f course on straight talk you can upgrade any time you want without charges.
8th April 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #6  
bdithug's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burlington
Thanks Meter: 191
 
777 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Since it will work on AT&T, does that mean it will work on all major Canadian carriers? Lte included?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Find 7 and 7a Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank