Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Oppo Find 7 subsidized on Sprint?

Tip us?

S1lv3r_DrAg0n
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Oppo Find 7 subsidized on Sprint?

is there any chance of the Find 7 being on Sprint? If so, will it be subsidized? I know for sure my parents won't be willing to let me buy the phone subsidized. Thanks!

eksasol
Old
Thanks Meter 688
I would confidently say no. They haven't seem to be breaking that much into American market and it would be a big step, but even if they did it probably would be for aGSM carrier first.

sent via tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to eksasol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Allanitomwesh
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1lv3r_DrAg0n View Post
is there any chance of the Find 7 being on Sprint? If so, will it be subsidized? I know for sure my parents won't be willing to let me buy the phone subsidized. Thanks!
No,the Find 7 is a GSM device and will not work on Sprints CDMA network. Same for Verizon. It'll work on AT & T and T Mobile though, and seems to have Verizon's LTE band,if you have good coverage with that.
OPPO sell their phones unsubsidized on their site and Amazon,no carrier agreements. Works great on AT&T strait talk unlimited.

"If I helped you,click thanks. Look around,it's easy to click."
The Following User Says Thank You to Allanitomwesh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24118

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanitomwesh View Post
No,the Find 7 is a GSM device and will not work on Sprints CDMA network. Same for Verizon. It'll work on AT & T and T Mobile though, and seems to have Verizon's LTE band,if you have good coverage with that.
OPPO sell their phones unsubsidized on their site and Amazon,no carrier agreements. Works great on AT&T strait talk unlimited.
Yup. There's plenty of math that supports an unsubsidized device on Straight Talk being FAR cheaper by the end of your 2-year contract than any subsidized device on AT&T.

In general, an AT&T contract subsidy is usually about $200-300 discount.

The cost premium of an AT&T plan over a Straight Talk one is usually on the order of $25/month

$25/month times 24 months (well, let's just say 18 since that's when most AT&T customers are eligible for early upgrade...): $450
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

Allanitomwesh
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Yup. There's plenty of math that supports an unsubsidized device on Straight Talk being FAR cheaper by the end of your 2-year contract than any subsidized device on AT&T.

In general, an AT&T contract subsidy is usually about $200-300 discount.

The cost premium of an AT&T plan over a Straight Talk one is usually on the order of $25/month

$25/month times 24 months (well, let's just say 18 since that's when most AT&T customers are eligible for early upgrade...): $450
And f course on straight talk you can upgrade any time you want without charges.

"If I helped you,click thanks. Look around,it's easy to click."

bdithug
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Since it will work on AT&T, does that mean it will work on all major Canadian carriers? Lte included?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app