Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please Help. RED X on my service bars

Tip us?

Quantum_Subnet
Old
(Last edited by Quantum_Subnet; 5th March 2014 at 07:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Problem myself.

I am having the same problem too. I haven't been able to fix it either. Im guessing id have to rebuild the efs. Also does anyone know the msl for a device that has no esn meid or imei? I tried the correct MSL's I programmed and none work. Someone please help I am a noob here and phones are kinda new to me. I'm computer savy though, so that has helped quite a bit. The 16 digit password would work too. Just so I can get to it in CDMA workshop, or DFS.

boxer27
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ed x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne888 View Post
I really need some help. I have used the stock NAB from Frezza to upgrade from MJ4 on my SMN900P. I flashed it step by step added CF root set by set. I also flashed TWRP set by set. But now i have a phone that will not get the mobile connection. I have a red X on my signal bars. I don't know what to do but i have been looking and looking. I wonder if some how the modem got messed up. If so do you think i can flash the NAB modem to the phone and restore the service.

Mobile Network type: Unknown
Service State: Out of service
Mobile Network State: Disconnected

I have the phone flashed to Red Pocket since Pre-Payd Wireless was shut down
I cant update my prl and profile because as you might see from the Screeshot I still have the activation check and if i try to update either it only takes me to the activation thing

I just got a note 3, had it flashed to boost and have the same problem, were you able to resolve the problem?

amrit50
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer27 View Post
I just got a note 3, had it flashed to boost and have the same problem, were you able to resolve the problem?
If you downgrade the modem to MJ4, the signal will come back. Here's a link to the MJ4 modem.

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/33963507/file.html
The Following User Says Thank You to amrit50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrit50 View Post
If you downgrade the modem to MJ4, the signal will come back. Here's a link to the MJ4 modem.

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/33963507/file.html
That's a link to nowhere...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer27 View Post
Here's the link to MJ4 modem.

Flash with PC Odin, goes in the PDA slot...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m00o8zdhoq...BMJ4_Modem.tar

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

martinjr1983
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne888 View Post
I really need some help. I have used the stock NAB from Frezza to upgrade from MJ4 on my SMN900P. I flashed it step by step added CF root set by set. I also flashed TWRP set by set. But now i have a phone that will not get the mobile connection. I have a red X on my signal bars. I don't know what to do but i have been looking and looking. I wonder if some how the modem got messed up. If so do you think i can flash the NAB modem to the phone and restore the service.

Mobile Network type: Unknown
Service State: Out of service
Mobile Network State: Disconnected

I have the phone flashed to Red Pocket since Pre-Payd Wireless was shut down
I cant update my prl and profile because as you might see from the Screeshot I still have the activation check and if i try to update either it only takes me to the activation thing

I have the same issue just flashed 4.4.2. via odin and then no signal and prl is set to 1 Anybody have any ideas???!!!

Shyne888
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjr1983 View Post
I have the same issue just flashed 4.4.2. via odin and then no signal and prl is set to 1 Anybody have any ideas???!!!
I got mine to work.just use this link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5gw...F0WFNnenc/edit flash this modem into your phone thru odin. It will work.

johntheman_692003
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjr1983 View Post
I had this same problem and im flashed to pageplus. odin back to stock then flash back to the mj4 modem in odin before you root or get a custom recovery.that is what worked for me.

ycs5
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntheman_692003 View Post
I had this same problem and im flashed to pageplus. odin back to stock then flash back to the mj4 modem in odin before you root or get a custom recovery.that is what worked for me.
Seems like we've all encountered this problem when it comes to flashing our phones from Sprint to another company because I've recently needed help fixing my 'red x' when I updated to KitKat. And I have to use the MJ4 modem as well, the NAB doesn't work.

Does anyone know what the problem could be, & why our phone only works on JellyBean modems?

E-POUND
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I'm thinking because they found a way to lock the modem to only work on sprint. I'm going thru the same.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app