[Q] Rooted and S-OFF

OP daveybfilms

7th April 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag The Riv
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
I have a Verizon HTC One Rooted and S-OFF and I'm trying to install custom recovery but whenever I input the fastboot prompt and the flash recovery, it says command not found.

I am doing this on a Mac, I already unlocked my phone with Firewater (great software) and rooted with Weaksauce (also good!). I am just having trouble with recovery!

Help!?!?
8th April 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveybfilms

I have a Verizon HTC One Rooted and S-OFF and I'm trying to install custom recovery but whenever I input the fastboot prompt and the flash recovery, it says command not found.

I am doing this on a Mac, I already unlocked my phone with Firewater (great software) and rooted with Weaksauce (also good!). I am just having trouble with recovery!

Help!?!?

OK - I'm a total noob at this - but I'll start off by asking some obvious questions

are you able to do adb devices and see your device? if so, what does it say when you do adb devices?

For a guide to install recovery, i used the guide on phonearena - seemed the simplest and most straight forward. I can't post a link - I'm too much of a noob.
8th April 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrx8

OK - I'm a total noob at this - but I'll start off by asking some obvious questions

are you able to do adb devices and see your device? if so, what does it say when you do adb devices?

For a guide to install recovery, i used the guide on phonearena - seemed the simplest and most straight forward. I can't post a link - I'm too much of a noob.

I had the same problem as i used a mac to, still never got around to installing it via fast boot but what i did is install the app "Flashify" on google play and then downloaded twrp 2.7.0.1 onto my phone then flashed a recovery through the app. it worked great but you should still get fast boot working incase your phone messes up in the future and you need to use adb commands or fast boot commands to flash a RUU or something like that.
8th April 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,169

5,073 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveybfilms

Help!?!?

You need ADB and Fastboot to be working.

I would assume you have them working since you used firewater. Reboot to hboot, then select fastboot. Does it change to say "fastboot USB"? What happens when you execute "Fastboot devices" from the computer?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread