Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted and S-OFF

Tip us?

daveybfilms
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Rooted and S-OFF

I have a Verizon HTC One Rooted and S-OFF and I'm trying to install custom recovery but whenever I input the fastboot prompt and the flash recovery, it says command not found.

I am doing this on a Mac, I already unlocked my phone with Firewater (great software) and rooted with Weaksauce (also good!). I am just having trouble with recovery!

Help!?!?

dagrx8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveybfilms View Post
I have a Verizon HTC One Rooted and S-OFF and I'm trying to install custom recovery but whenever I input the fastboot prompt and the flash recovery, it says command not found.

I am doing this on a Mac, I already unlocked my phone with Firewater (great software) and rooted with Weaksauce (also good!). I am just having trouble with recovery!

Help!?!?
OK - I'm a total noob at this - but I'll start off by asking some obvious questions

are you able to do adb devices and see your device? if so, what does it say when you do adb devices?

For a guide to install recovery, i used the guide on phonearena - seemed the simplest and most straight forward. I can't post a link - I'm too much of a noob.

nty123
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrx8 View Post
OK - I'm a total noob at this - but I'll start off by asking some obvious questions

are you able to do adb devices and see your device? if so, what does it say when you do adb devices?

For a guide to install recovery, i used the guide on phonearena - seemed the simplest and most straight forward. I can't post a link - I'm too much of a noob.
I had the same problem as i used a mac to, still never got around to installing it via fast boot but what i did is install the app "Flashify" on google play and then downloaded twrp 2.7.0.1 onto my phone then flashed a recovery through the app. it worked great but you should still get fast boot working incase your phone messes up in the future and you need to use adb commands or fast boot commands to flash a RUU or something like that.
DROID X----HTC REZOUND----DROID RAZR----HTC ONE

HTC ONE: UNLOCKED-S-OFF
HBOOT-1.56.0000(UNLOCKED)
RECOVERY:TWRP 2.7.0.1
ROM:tiKtaK GPE 4.4.2
KERNEL:Elite Lunar Kernel

GrayTheWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 2127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveybfilms View Post

Help!?!?
You need ADB and Fastboot to be working.

I would assume you have them working since you used firewater. Reboot to hboot, then select fastboot. Does it change to say "fastboot USB"? What happens when you execute "Fastboot devices" from the computer?
S-Off thanks to Beaups and Sonic2756!

If I helped in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!

Click here to check out my development page.