Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,631 Members 45,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RUU

Tip us?

weidnerj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default RUU

Is HTC/Sprint going to release the RUU for the M8? I am S-Off and rooted wtih TWRP as my recovery. Typically I RUU back to stock and re-root instead of using developer patches that are installed using recovery. Especially now that HTC has it down to a science to recover from online backups.

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,904

DONATE TO ME
If you have a Twitter account you can hit up Mo (@moversi) with HTC and see if he has the RUU, otherwise, you'll have to wait to see if and when it gets released.

Sent from my EVO LTE

weidnerj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
If you have a Twitter account you can hit up Mo (@moversi) with HTC and see if he has the RUU, otherwise, you'll have to wait to see if and when it gets released.

Sent from my EVO LTE
I don't have a twitter account

Thanks for your input.

Ph33zy
Old
(Last edited by Ph33zy; 8th April 2014 at 03:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidnerj View Post
Is HTC/Sprint going to release the RUU for the M8? I am S-Off and rooted wtih TWRP as my recovery. Typically I RUU back to stock and re-root instead of using developer patches that are installed using recovery. Especially now that HTC has it down to a science to recover from online backups.
They will most likely release a RUU later. For the time being, just use this TWRP backup to go back to the stock ROM and kernel:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=90

and use this link to get the stock recovery:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699165
The Following User Says Thank You to Ph33zy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]