Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Switching Carriers

Tip us?

thaunknownartist
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation [Q] Switching Carriers

Hello, I've been with Verizon for sometime now, but this is the last time I get stiffed by the company. Let's just say I had them suspend my line and I got charged my full bill for the two months I didn't use the phone. I would like to switch carriers, but I don't know how to do it Verizon released my number and my ESN isn't bad. I can remove my SIM card, but I'm wondering how I would be able to make the switch.
I may have not released it yet, but it's in the works

Retired Phones:
Optimus V (Virgin Mobile) - HTC EVO 3D (Sprint) - Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (Verizon)

Crawshayi
Old
Thanks Meter 287
I'm not sure what advice you need... just walk into any of the stores of the carrier you intend to switch to and they'll set you up. If you intend on using the same phone all you will need is a sim from them, but you might not get 4G on some carriers. If you really don't want to go to a store you can activate new service on the websites as well but you might have to wait for them to ship you a sim.
Verizon HTC One
rom/Stock 4.4.2
kernel/ElementalX

RolloWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 2,131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaunknownartist View Post
Hello, I've been with Verizon for sometime now, but this is the last time I get stiffed by the company. Let's just say I had them suspend my line and I got charged my full bill for the two months I didn't use the phone. I would like to switch carriers, but I don't know how to do it Verizon released my number and my ESN isn't bad. I can remove my SIM card, but I'm wondering how I would be able to make the switch.
The Verizon HTC one is locked to certain radio bands, so if you switch to say AT&T, you would only be able to make calls and get HSPA+.
S-Off thanks to Beaups and Sonic2756!

If I helped in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!

Click here to check out my development page.