FORUMS

Bricked on OTA Update

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By bmcconalogue, Member on 8th April 2014, 11:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have an unlocked HTC One. It had an OTA update this morning. It got stuck at 100% progress during the update, then finally rebooted. The progress bar got about half way through, then it changed from a green circle to a red triangle with an exlamation mark and just stopped.

I've tried rebooting and now it just gets to the "HTC - Quietly brilliant" white screen and doesn't go any further.

Help please! My wife is 39 weeks pregnant and I work 100 miles from home.

8th April 2014, 03:27 PM |#2  
Flag Altenkirchen
Thanks Meter: 40

More
It should be the same like this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710360

And for a stock OTA, phone should be unrootet, locked and on stock recovery!!!!!!!!!

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S
8th April 2014, 03:58 PM |#3  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcconalogue

I have an unlocked HTC One. It had an OTA update this morning. It got stuck at 100% progress during the update, then finally rebooted. The progress bar got about half way through, then it changed from a green circle to a red triangle with an exlamation mark and just stopped.

I've tried rebooting and now it just gets to the "HTC - Quietly brilliant" white screen and doesn't go any further.

Help please! My wife is 39 weeks pregnant and I work 100 miles from home.

Your Phone is not bricked, its just in a bootloop.

Have you installed TWRP as recovery tool? Have you make a backup before?

"fastboot erase cache" can help (google this words to find a guide. have not much time, sorry ) or you need to recover your backup or you install the os as new system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread