Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP loaded still bootlooping

Tip us?

beezerhale
Old
(Last edited by beezerhale; 17th February 2014 at 05:32 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default TWRP loaded still bootlooping

I am leaving the original post below so people can see it. I corrected the issue with some great help from people here! Thank you. The radio (1.09.01.0622) was bad. I flashed a new one and all is good.

I do have one more question. I need to root now. I tried to flash an su zip through TWRP and it failed. The Incredible 2 is on 2.3.3 (used tacoroot to downgrade from 2.3.4 and revolutionary) with TWRP 2.3.3 installed.

What is the best way for me to go about rooting? After root I assume I'll use the same method through TWRP to flash a custom rom (probably a Cyanogenmod). Am I correct in my thinking?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Original post:

I am helping a friend with his HTC Incredible 2. Helping may not be the best choice of words.

Long story short --- he was on android 2.3.4 and wanted to root. He called me.

I used Tacoroot to downgrade to 2.3.3 and the Revolutionary (windows version) to obtain Beta Key and installed CWM.

Apparently this method does not properly install CWM and I have a bootloop when I try to power on the phone. I wish that would have come to my attention sooner.

I finally was able to flash (command prompt) TWRP. I used the image file marked 2.3.3.0 because that matches the android version of the phone. I am not sure if that matters.

Still ... I can get into TWRP. However, the bootloop still persists. I think I need to flash something using TWRP, but I am not sure.

What next? He is ok with flashing a custom rom. Is that what needs to be done? Can I flash the stock rom again? Does it matter which?

Any help is appreciated!

beezerhale
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Also, In the (white screen) HBoot recovery screen a quick script is run in bootloader saying something along the lines of no image or wrong image.

beezerhale
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
With wonderful advice form people here I flashed a new radio through hboot and the bootloop is gone!!! I have updated the original post with one last question about TWRP and root. Thank you very much for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezerhale View Post
Also, In the (white screen) HBoot recovery screen a quick script is run in bootloader saying something along the lines of no image or wrong image.

jam0688
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
if you are wanting twrp use goo manager to install the recovery script. i never had any problems with it. when in goo manger on the app click menu and install open recovery script