TWRP loaded still bootlooping

OP beezerhale

16th February 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
I am leaving the original post below so people can see it. I corrected the issue with some great help from people here! Thank you. The radio (1.09.01.0622) was bad. I flashed a new one and all is good.

I do have one more question. I need to root now. I tried to flash an su zip through TWRP and it failed. The Incredible 2 is on 2.3.3 (used tacoroot to downgrade from 2.3.4 and revolutionary) with TWRP 2.3.3 installed.

What is the best way for me to go about rooting? After root I assume I'll use the same method through TWRP to flash a custom rom (probably a Cyanogenmod). Am I correct in my thinking?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Original post:

I am helping a friend with his HTC Incredible 2. Helping may not be the best choice of words.

Long story short --- he was on android 2.3.4 and wanted to root. He called me.

I used Tacoroot to downgrade to 2.3.3 and the Revolutionary (windows version) to obtain Beta Key and installed CWM.

Apparently this method does not properly install CWM and I have a bootloop when I try to power on the phone. I wish that would have come to my attention sooner.

I finally was able to flash (command prompt) TWRP. I used the image file marked 2.3.3.0 because that matches the android version of the phone. I am not sure if that matters.

Still ... I can get into TWRP. However, the bootloop still persists. I think I need to flash something using TWRP, but I am not sure.

What next? He is ok with flashing a custom rom. Is that what needs to be done? Can I flash the stock rom again? Does it matter which?

Any help is appreciated!
Last edited by beezerhale; 17th February 2014 at 05:32 AM.
17th February 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

41 posts
Also, In the (white screen) HBoot recovery screen a quick script is run in bootloader saying something along the lines of no image or wrong image.
17th February 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

41 posts
With wonderful advice form people here I flashed a new radio through hboot and the bootloop is gone!!! I have updated the original post with one last question about TWRP and root. Thank you very much for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezerhale

Also, In the (white screen) HBoot recovery screen a quick script is run in bootloader saying something along the lines of no image or wrong image.

8th April 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #4  
Flag Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 15

129 posts
Donate to Me
More
if you are wanting twrp use goo manager to install the recovery script. i never had any problems with it. when in goo manger on the app click menu and install open recovery script
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread