Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Spring G2, no kitkat?

OP eddytheyeti2

1st April 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

92 posts
Hey, I rooted my Lg g2, and I see that there is an update for srpint G2's to get to kitkat, however I am on jellybean. I am not seeing an update for kitkat, and when I manually check it says I am up to date? is this because I rooted, or?
1st April 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Carmel
Thanks Meter: 403

1,017 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddytheyeti2

Hey, I rooted my Lg g2, and I see that there is an update for srpint G2's to get to kitkat, however I am on jellybean. I am not seeing an update for kitkat, and when I manually check it says I am up to date? is this because I rooted, or?

No it isn't because you have root. I wouldn't accept the OTA though. There isn't a native root process for KitKat as of yet. We just have the sneaky pants ninja workaround at the moment bc of the new KitKat security shenanigans. OTAs are sometimes pushed out in waves. When the AT&T OTA pushed I didn't get it until 2 days after it was initially pushed. I'd just keep checking. If you get the "Device is up to date. You can check again in 24 hrs" message you can get around that by going into date and time and manually changing your date to tomorrow and it lets you check again right away.

Also you might want to edit your post title. Spring G2 :P

EDIT: Actually I just found out ioroot25 roots KitKat without the downgrade workaround. Yay XDA devs!!!
Last edited by BreakingVZW; 1st April 2014 at 02:54 PM.
8th April 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingVZW

No it isn't because you have root. I wouldn't accept the OTA though. There isn't a native root process for KitKat as of yet. We just have the sneaky pants ninja workaround at the moment bc of the new KitKat security shenanigans. OTAs are sometimes pushed out in waves. When the AT&T OTA pushed I didn't get it until 2 days after it was initially pushed. I'd just keep checking. If you get the "Device is up to date. You can check again in 24 hrs" message you can get around that by going into date and time and manually changing your date to tomorrow and it lets you check again right away.

Also you might want to edit your post title. Spring G2 :P

EDIT: Actually I just found out ioroot25 roots KitKat without the downgrade workaround. Yay XDA devs!!!

Thanks for the info! however, still no update available
8th April 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,497

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddytheyeti2

Thanks for the info! however, still no update available

you can always try either a)contacting your company and asking them to push the ota or b)depending on which device you have there are roms/kdz/tots to flash kk if you don't want to wait http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2705259
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread