Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4-4.4.2 - T-Mobile - Unlimited Tethering Thread

Tip us?

zz1049
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default S4-4.4.2 - T-Mobile - Unlimited Tethering Thread

I am restarting a thread in reference to this old method that worked up to 4.3 for unlimited tethering through T-Mobile:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1962752

It requires root, and I am rooted-so that will be the presumption that I am going to end up tinkering with the file system or doing something that requires root to obtain the desired changes to bypass being identified as tethering with T-Mobile.

This is a starter discussion to see if anyone has found a new method for the update, that being said, I'm all ears, lets hear what you all have on this one!

luffy30000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz1049 View Post
I am restarting a thread in reference to this old method that worked up to 4.3 for unlimited tethering through T-Mobile:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1962752

It requires root, and I am rooted-so that will be the presumption that I am going to end up tinkering with the file system or doing something that requires root to obtain the desired changes to bypass being identified as tethering with T-Mobile.

This is a starter discussion to see if anyone has found a new method for the update, that being said, I'm all ears, lets hear what you all have on this one!
would this work on a 4.4.2 rom?

zz1049
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by luffy30000 View Post
would this work on a 4.4.2 rom?
Not at this time that I'm aware of, the point is to re route hidden apns and make tethering work regardless of tethering provision and other protective. files

oracle01642
Old
(Last edited by oracle01642; 8th April 2014 at 05:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 90
I have been looking for something like this for ages! I used to be able the use the internet from my phone, on my laptop, but my network (not T Mobile) put a stop to it and they now have software in place that knows when you are trying to tether. You get an instant 30 minute ban from the internet on your phone, if you try.

It would be GREAT if someone could come up with something that can fool the network into thinking you are not tethering! If someone does come up with something, don't post how you did it, because the network will find out and close the loop hole. Just post the zip or instructions how to get it to work etc.