Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,914 Members 45,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Applications on SD card gone.

Tip us?

mpiter007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Applications on SD card gone.

Hello,

I transferred applications to my SD card and it worked well. I then needed to reformat my SD card. I unmounted and got it from the tablet, I copied its full content on my PC but I forgot the .* files, I put the card back in the tablet, I reformatted it in the tablet, I unmounted it and put it in my PC to restore its content, I put it back in my tablet, and I could read the card content. I however lost all applications that had been transferred to the card. I cannot find them. I transferred again another small application to the card but I cannot find it on the card, even not in .android_secure. Does anybody know where the applications are stored on the card and what happened to me. Thanks in advance for any piece of information.

mpiter007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I know a little bit more what happened. The applications are stored in .android_secure at the root of the card. I forgot to copy the directory, hence I lost all the applications. When I transferred after other applications to my micro-SD card, my file browser did not show them despite refreshing the directory display. I do not know why, but I found the applications in android_secure after.