Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bogo plus etf less than 2?

Tip us?

k.electron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Question bogo plus etf less than 2?

I need to get 2 off contract phones for both me and the wife. Instead of paying full price for both what if I got a new account with the bogo and then immediately cancelled them paying the etf?

Is there anything rule or fine print that I'm missing here?

Sounds like this way it's 950 vs the 1200 straight up.
Device: HTC One M8 | Carrier: VZW 4G | ROM: CleanROM | Kernel: Stock | Radio: Stock | Recovery: TWRP

Dropbox is a great place to store files that you need on the go. Android apps like TiBu can leverage Dropbox. Sign up using http://db.tt/OGvqdBCp and we both get more space.

blacknet101
Old
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.electron View Post
I need to get 2 off contract phones for both me and the wife. Instead of paying full price for both what if I got a new account with the bogo and then immediately cancelled them paying the etf?

Is there anything rule or fine print that I'm missing here?

Sounds like this way it's 950 vs the 1200 straight up.
I actually did that but with the S5, i have the M8 already, but I am getting the S5 so I'm using the BOGOF deal so if anything depends which one i stay with, I can sell them for good amount where i pay off the etf of those 2 added lines and still have money left in my pocket

sounds stupid but only way i can decide which device i will stay with

*.what we do in life, echoes in eternity.*
|| Samsung Fascinate || iPhone 4 || Nexus S 4G || Droid Bionic || iPhone 4 || iPhone 4s || Galaxy Nexus || Droid RAZR HD ||
Galaxy sIII || iPhone 5 || Galaxy s4 || HTC One || Nexus 4 || MotoX || Galaxy s4 || iPhone 5s || LG G2 || Nexus 5 || iPhone 5s || Samsung Note 3 || HTC One [M8] || Samsung Galaxy s5 || LG G3 || Nokia Lumia Icon || iPhone 6 Plus

k.electron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Hmm.. so you have done this already? How soon after opening the new account can I etf because I can't have any more lines on my current.
Device: HTC One M8 | Carrier: VZW 4G | ROM: CleanROM | Kernel: Stock | Radio: Stock | Recovery: TWRP

Dropbox is a great place to store files that you need on the go. Android apps like TiBu can leverage Dropbox. Sign up using http://db.tt/OGvqdBCp and we both get more space.

agentdevan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i did this through newegg. if you haven't owned the device for more than 90 days they will add on a device fee to the etf. I can't remember the exact amount but its a good chunk of the phone cost

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bloodiedwraith
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.electron View Post
Hmm.. so you have done this already? How soon after opening the new account can I etf because I can't have any more lines on my current.
14 days because that's when the Buyers Remorse period ends and the ETF goes into effect.

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
Default Dropbox

Dropbox is a great place to store files that you need on the go. Android apps like TiBu can leverage Dropbox

k.electron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdevan View Post
i did this through newegg. if you haven't owned the device for more than 90 days they will add on a device fee to the etf. I can't remember the exact amount but its a good chunk of the phone cost

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
but thats because newegg charges a fee on top of verizon. im planning on going straight with verizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodiedwraith View Post
14 days because that's when the Buyers Remorse period ends and the ETF goes into effect.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s.../return-policy

according to that i can return anytime and if i dont return the devices i pay 350 per even if it is in the 14 day period.. sounds like i can cancel within 24 hours as soon as the account is active.

droidmarc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
why do you need to cancel the contract right away, why not wait till you change providers? why the rush, what is the benefit?

k.electron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidmarc View Post
why do you need to cancel the contract right away, why not wait till you change providers? why the rush, what is the benefit?
to explain my situation. im already with verizon. i have 5 plans on a family plan with no upgrades and unlimited data.

i was planning to open a new account, get 2 m8s with the bogof deal. so thats 200. cancel the plan, so thats 700 and then use the m8s on my original plan. this way i spend 900 as opposed to 1200 buying 2 m8s outright.