Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 39,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OMG WiFi

Tip us?

gospodinwizard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default OMG WiFi

Wi-Fi has gotten really annoying. Works fine on stock and DID work fine on Alliance but now it mysteriously stopped working on anything but the Stock slot on safestrap. Sure I want to fix it but I am truly curious why it stopped working on Alliance when it did before....even a reflash doesn't help.

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospodinwizard View Post
Wi-Fi has gotten really annoying. Works fine on stock and DID work fine on Alliance but now it mysteriously stopped working on anything but the Stock slot on safestrap. Sure I want to fix it but I am truly curious why it stopped working on Alliance when it did before....even a reflash doesn't help.
Software is not intermittent. Seeing as how its unique to your device, I'd say its your device or your particular installation. You should check that you have a proper clean installation. Check the tips and posts in the ROM thread you are using.
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

Mtsprite
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
im not sure if it is the same, but when i had an s4 with safestrap on it i had to flash the kernel modules along with the rom otherwise WIFI and other things would not work. COuld it possibly be something like this?
Phone: Galaxy S3
Android Version: 4.4.4
Recovery: Philz Touch CWM
Current ROM: CM 11.0 M8
Kernel: BMS
Baseband: ML1

gospodinwizard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
You make a good point. I can certainly give that a try again, but I remain a bit confused as to why in the case of Alliance, WiFi used to work but doesn't any more especially because I reflashed from the same zip file of the same SD Card onto the same phone.

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 543
Quote:
You make a good point. I can certainly give that a try again, but I remain a bit confused as to why in the case of Alliance, WiFi used to work but doesn't any more especially because I reflashed from the same zip file of the same SD Card onto the same phone.
You have to flash the kernel module every time you do a new flash, even if it is the same ROM. If you didn't flash the kernel module in the same session this last time you flashed Alliance, that would be why your WiFi is not working.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you