Stock Recovery, No Root, Model Number Prevents Flash To Stock

Search This thread

datdude_tc

Apr 3, 2014
Over the years I've always been good at solving these things, but this is the first time I've every had to request help/guidance.
LG

1. Came from from 4.4.2, ioroot rooted, installed twrp via freegee, but not the kernel patch. This prevented me from booting back into Android.
2. Factory reset everything, wiped everything from twrp.
3. Ran adb commands here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696 Got me into fastboot.
4. Flashed all .img files for LG D800 from prime's D800 img stash. Fastboot rebooted.
5. Installed Mahndi ROM via adb. Reboot
6. Stuck. Phone hangs on LG logo, loading modem and com drivers in windows. Recovery is now stock, so no flashing. Download mode works but always get a "Device Model is different" error at 0% when flashing from LG Flash Tools. Correct .tot and correct .dll for D800.

Any help or ideas to get my G2 up and running again would be amazing. I'm still trying to figure out if I can modify the .tot to match my device's current model or just ignore it and overwrite (best hope). Even if i can get ubuntu to detect the phone that would lit my spirits.

Thanks.

datdude_tc

Apr 3, 2014
Progress

So I have actually figured out the problem completely, yet I do not yet have a solution.

-I after flashing the correct .img over to my device, I was all set to go, but read somewhere about flashing over mahdi ROM.
-I successfully flashed Mahdi, but DID NOT FLASH THE DEVICE VERSION PATCH (literally hit my head on the desk when I realized).
-I panicked after it did not work and reflashed all the .img so I was stuck with stock recovery, no adb, no sideload, no fastboot.

Is there ANY WAY to flash back to stock with the LG Flash Tool for the ATT D800 that ignores the model number inconsistency. This type of phone only supports the .TOT method of flashing. There is no other way (KDZ = NO). Currently my device's build.prop says that the model is "g2" (this is what the patch was supposed to fix) and my flashing file/.dll is for "D800".

My device can not be seen in Ubuntu.

Any suggestions?

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
So I have actually figured out the problem completely, yet I do not yet have a solution.

-I after flashing the correct .img over to my device, I was all set to go, but read somewhere about flashing over mahdi ROM.
-I successfully flashed Mahdi, but DID NOT FLASH THE DEVICE VERSION PATCH (literally hit my head on the desk when I realized).
-I panicked after it did not work and reflashed all the .img so I was stuck with stock recovery, no adb, no sideload, no fastboot.

Is there ANY WAY to flash back to stock with the LG Flash Tool for the ATT D800 that ignores the model number inconsistency. This type of phone only supports the .TOT method of flashing. There is no other way (KDZ = NO). Currently my device's build.prop says that the model is "g2" (this is what the patch was supposed to fix) and my flashing file/.dll is for "D800".

My device can not be seen in Ubuntu.

Any suggestions?

over here http://androtransfer.com/AndroidUser00110001/ROM/G2/KK/D80220a/ there is a dll named lgup_8974.dll which is for d800 and is supposed to skip the model check

MRobbo80

Apr 9, 2013
South Petherton
Over the years I've always been good at solving these things, but this is the first time I've every had to request help/guidance.
LG

1. Came from from 4.4.2, ioroot rooted, installed twrp via freegee, but not the kernel patch. This prevented me from booting back into Android.
2. Factory reset everything, wiped everything from twrp.
3. Ran adb commands here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696 Got me into fastboot.
4. Flashed all .img files for LG D800 from prime's D800 img stash. Fastboot rebooted.
5. Installed Mahndi ROM via adb. Reboot
6. Stuck. Phone hangs on LG logo, loading modem and com drivers in windows. Recovery is now stock, so no flashing. Download mode works but always get a "Device Model is different" error at 0% when flashing from LG Flash Tools. Correct .tot and correct .dll for D800.

Any help or ideas to get my G2 up and running again would be amazing. I'm still trying to figure out if I can modify the .tot to match my device's current model or just ignore it and overwrite (best hope). Even if i can get ubuntu to detect the phone that would lit my spirits.

Thanks.

I have almost the exact same problem will keep an eye on thread, hope we git it sorted soon!

datdude_tc

Apr 3, 2014
I'll Take a look

over here http://androtransfer.com/AndroidUser00110001/ROM/G2/KK/D80220a/ there is a dll named lgup_8974.dll which is for d800 and is supposed to skip the model check

Thanks!

I have seen and downloaded that one before, and if I recall correctly, I didn't get a model error, but rather something else. I believe it was a bin file error??, but I do not recall. I actually just sent my G2 in on a warranty claim (*please oh please don't notice I replaced the screen") and hopefully that will take care of it. I was just posting so that maybe someone doesn't have to dig through 350 pages of replies to find out what happened. I'll keep the post going when I find anything out though.

datdude_tc

Apr 3, 2014
Working together!

I have almost the exact same problem will keep an eye on thread, hope we git it sorted soon!

I won't have my phone available for a few days. Any chance you could go ahead and give that lgup_8974.dll a test run and report back? I'd be more than willing to help do any research if it gives a different error besides the model.

rewstarr

Jun 19, 2014
Sorry to dig up this thread, but I have the exact same problem, except I flashed mahdi on my D802 and somehow the version patch didnt flash correctly. Is there anything like a lgup_8974.dll for D802s?

I'm really desperate here.